Great Minds®, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK–12 instructional materials space, seeks a Curriculum Specialist, Assessment to join our dynamic and growing science department.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Curriculum Specialist, Assessment will play an active role in achieving the organizational mission of Great Minds through collaboration with the programs team to develop a comprehensive science curriculum and related offerings. This is an exceptional opportunity for a smart, dedicated, and passionate individual to apply his or her skills to support the business growth and mission of Great Minds.
- Collaborate with curriculum and editorial teams to support the development of PhD Science assessments, both print and digital, that are aligned to the NGSS, multi-dimensional, equitable, accessible, and support the transfer of science ideas to new phenomena
- Elevate the level of understanding across the PhD Science teams with regards to NGSS three-dimensional, equitable, digital, and accessible assessment development Use understanding of the NGSS progression of skills to review assessment tasks throughout the curriculum development process and communicate actionable feedback to writers
- Collaborate with curriculum stakeholders to suggest research-based improvements to the existing curriculum design guidelines for the PhD Science system of assessment
- Use expertise to support the creation of PhD Science curriculum resources for curriculum development teams to align assessments to developmentally appropriate ELA and Math expectations
- Support the development of a successful process for creating assessments within PhD Science projects
- Stay up to date with current research on assessment design
- Contribute to the creation of engaging professional development curriculum and present at programs, workshops, and institutes offered by Great Minds PBC
- Deep content knowledge in science with a bachelor's or master's in education or other associated content area
- Deep knowledge of the Next Generation Science Standards
- Experience with NGSS assessment design and with writing two- and three- dimensional assessment tasks
- Proficiency in understanding of assessment design with demonstrated writing ability (Successful candidates will be required to complete an assessment vetting task)
- Preferred 3 years of classroom experience
- Preferred experience with digital assessment design
- Comfortable with technology and able to learn new applications
New employees will be required to successfully complete a background check.
The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. For residents of the State of Colorado the expected salary range for this position is $63,353.99 – $74,440.94. This range may vary above and below the expected amounts in the State of Colorado. In addition to the Company's benefit offerings, the position may be eligible for additional annual incentives at the Company's discretion. Any offered salary and other incentives are based on market data, applicant skills and relevant experience, degrees, certifications and internal equity considerations.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org
. If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact email@example.com
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.