At McGraw-Hill we create best-in-class, next-generation learning platforms that are used by millions of students and educators worldwide from kindergarten through graduate school. Our goal is to accelerate student success through intuitive and effective learning tools and content that maximize a teacher’s time and a student’s learning experience. We do all of this in a supportive, collaborative environment where you can grow your career in a way that fits into your life.
As the Knowledge Manager, you will be responsible to implement a Knowledge Management (KM) framework across all McGraw Hill business units. You’ll be responsible for the setup, governance, adoption and success of the new framework. In addition, will drive continuous improvement of this framework in collaboration with key stakeholders across the business.
How can you make an Impact?
The Knowledge Manager will reside on the Customer Experience Team and will develop the topic list and produce the structure of support (account & technical) content for use across various channels, to include web, product platforms and contact center. In addition, you will be responsible for the continued development and implementation of strategies, processes, and tooling for corresponding KM solutions, as well as developing KPIs.
What will you do?
- Build, manage, and set the direction of the Knowledge Management Framework
- Be the governance owner of the KM Framework and coordinating with various content groups to ensure proper content development according to guidelines and style guide
- Work with content creation teams on process to create, capture, organize, and assess knowledge assets for enterprise use
- Coordinate with business units and engineering to develop a robust roadmap strategy for implementing knowledge management that builds upon industry best practices and leverages tooling and process advancements
- Create and review KPIs for adoption, usage of premier (high-value, frequently used) KM content, and summarize benefits, outcomes, and improvement opportunities for the organization
- Support the development and implementation of training on KM processes and tooling
- Promote the use of knowledge management tooling and processes to facilitate sharing of knowledge
- Understand and recognize key challenges/roadblocks to KM cultural change and develop effective programs to drive adoption and improve KM value
- Bring relevant industry insights to incorporate into the KM Framework
- Evaluate, revise, and continuously improve the KM Framework workflow
- Identify and evangelize success stories from the Knowledge Management Program
- Build and drive the culture of knowledge sharing within site operations and serve as the advocate for KM initiatives within site operations
What can you bring to the role?
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or other related disciplines, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience
- 5+ years’ current proven experience in implementing KM strategies
- Experience in building KM programs in the technology industry or within technical groups within a large, global organization
- Experience communicating with and influencing senior leadership, as well as framing discussions to gain valuable feedback and experience
- Proven experience in leading cross-functional teams to deliver impact
- Self-motivated and well-organized; able to prioritize tasks and work well under pressure
- Able to work with a wide group of stakeholders in a positive and collaborative manner
- Open style of communication to foster efficient flow of ideas and build consensus
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, negotiation, conflict management, collaboration, organizational and critical thinking
- Capable of influence in a matrix structure where authority may lie elsewhere
- Ability to travel on occasion
- Experience with knowledge management platforms (Salesforce, AEM Guides, etc.)
- Experience with structured and non-structured data
- Experience developing in-product guides, tool tips, etc.
Why work for us?
At McGraw Hill, you will be empowered to make a real impact on a global scale. Every day your individual efforts contribute to the lives of millions. As an education innovation company, we’re proud to play a part by inspiring learners around the world. If you bring your curiosity, we’ll help you grow in a collaborative environment where everyone shares a passion for success.
Are you ready for a new challenge? Apply for a career at McGraw Hill and together, we’ll impact the world.
The pay range for this position is between $90,000 - $105,000 annually, however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience and location. An annual bonus plan may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical and/or other benefits, depending on the position offered. Click here
to learn more about our benefit offerings.