Academic Senior Advisor (HEOa) - School of Education
Job ID: 25500
Location: Hunter College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The Administrative Advisor in the Office of Academic and Student Affairs (OASA) provides support for students in the School of Education across a portfolio of programs.
Reporting to the Director of the Office of Academic & Student Affairs, the position:
- Directly advises a caseload of nearly 1,200 School of Education students on academic, administrative and New York State teacher certification matters. Manages all facets of the administrative aspects of a student’s academic career, not limited to registration support, records updating and degree audit processing.
- Liaises with multiple offices and departments to help resolve student issues.
- Provides support for faculty in managing student questions and concerns.
- Leads and manages student events including orientation, community building and administrative workshops and provides support for commencement.
- Maintains records and files in accordance with state and college regulations.
- In collaboration with the School of Education Communications Assistant, ensures accurate and timely communication to all students around college, program and certification information.
Bachelor's degree and four years' related experience required.
Experience in teacher education, K-12 education, or higher education student support is highly desirable.
(Campus-specific qualifications, if necessary)
Candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as being at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Provides expert and/or specialized academic counseling a diverse student population.
- Offers comprehensive advisement to full-time and part-time students
- Works with other academic affairs staff as well as enrollment and student affairs to assist students to declare majors and select appropriate courses
- Monitors students' performances and takes appropriate action if necessary; resolves students' problems regarding curricular requirements
- Develops academic plans and performs graduation audits
- Provides information to students regarding student support services, college policies and program procedures and guidelines
- Facilitates workshops; assists with other department activities such as course scheduling
- Establishes and maintains student advisement files; prepares activity reports and analyses
- May supervise extramural activities, such as internships and community service; may assist with accreditation efforts as needed
- May provide career and transfer services and/or specialized program counseling
- May supervise junior advising and/or clerical staff
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Senior Academic Advisor
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.($51,242 - $73,985)
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be submitted online by accessing the CUNY Portal on City University of New York job website www.cuny.edu/employment. To search for this vacancy, click on SEARCH ALL POSTINGS and in SEARCH JOBS field, enter the Job Opening ID number 25500
Click on the "APPLY NOW" button and follow the application instructions. Current users of the site should access their established accounts; new users should follow the instructions to set up an account.
Please have your documents available to attach into the application before you begin. Note, the required material must be uploaded as ONE document under CV/ Resume (do not upload individual files for a cover letter, references, etc.). The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters – also DO NOT USE SYMBOLS (such as accents (é, è, (â, î or ô), ñ, ü, ï , –, _ or ç)).
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Cover Letter and/ or Statement of scholarly interests
- Curriculum Vitae/ Resume
- Names and contact information of 3 references
Upload all documents as ONE single file-- PDF format preferred.
The search will remain open until the position is filled. The committee will begin reviewing complete applications on November 28, 2022. Applications submitted after the deadline will only be considered if the position/s remain open after initial round.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.