About the Team
The College Board’s elite team is comprised of highly capable engineers that develop and deliver products and customer-facing platforms, which are critical to students, and other internal and external stakeholders. You will be joining a rapidly expanding elite team of engineers. At its maturity, the product will serve engaging content to students across multiple channels, including a mobile app. We are focused on improving the speed and reliability of our service delivery in support of our mission; to positively impact the educational and career trajectories of millions of students annually.
About the Opportunity
As a Senior Android Engineer, you’ll be responsible for developing and maintaining an Android native mobile app using Kotlin. You will oversee the development of applications and their integration with back-end services. You possess extensive knowledge and expertise in building mobile applications and developing cloud-based technology & solutions. To be successful in this role, you will build strong relationships with Product Owners as a reliable technical partner in prioritizing the backlog, identifying problems, determining options to solve the problem, and communicating issues that have a broader scope.
In this role, you will:
- Design and build applications for the native Android platform
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate across engineering teams to define, design, and deploy new features
- Connect the application to back-end tools like the cloud, APIs, and push notifications
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Run tests to ensure the app's functionality is proper
- Accountable for assisting in the maintenance of code quality, and automation
- Use encryption techniques to protect content
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Engineering, or related work experience
- Minimum of 7+ years of professional software development
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in Kotlin, Java and experience with Gradle is highly preferable
- Exhibit a portfolio of Android apps designed and developed
- Experience with Android frameworks, especially Apollo is preferable
- Extensive experience developing end-to-end Android mobile apps, including design, development, and deployment to app marketplaces with a good understanding of performance limits.
- Hands-on experience with RESTful APIs to connect to back-end services and JSON/XML
- You are authorized to work in the United States of America
- Understanding of UI design and a user-oriented focus
- Understanding of fundamental Android APIs, frameworks, capabilities, UI styles, and paradigms
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Experience and a willingness to work with the Agile software development methodology in a fast-paced, iterative, and multi-functional setting with contributors from various backgrounds, talents, and locations
About Our Benefits and Compensation
The College Board offers a strong compensation and benefits package that attracts top talent looking to make a difference in education.
- Our robust benefits package includes health, dental, and vision insurance, tuition assistance, paid time off, paid parental leave, retirement benefits with a generous matching program, and more
- We reward performance through annual bonuses and provide opportunities for salary growth over time through base compensation increases, merit raises, and promotions
- We believe in compensating staff members fairly in relation to each other, their qualifications, and their impact. The salary range for a new employee in this position is $144,000 to $157,000. The salary offer of an individual candidate within this range is specific to their location and qualifications
- Each salary offer is determined carefully using internal and external benchmarking and adjusting for the candidate’s location. You will have an opportunity to discuss salary in more detail after you begin the application process
- As a self-sustaining non-profit organization with global impact, College Board offers a job that matters, a team that cares, and a place to learn, innovate and thrive!