For over four decades, the higher education experts at Jenzabar have been helping colleges and universities across the world thrive through multiple services. The Jenzabar culture is one that fosters an entrepreneurial environment, where employees are encouraged to be creative, work hard, and have a great time while doing so. We believe in open doors, asking tough questions, respecting each other, and surpassing our clients’ expectations every step of the way. It’s an enjoyable place to be, with casual dress and a relaxed atmosphere.
We believe everyone is a masterpiece with great work to do on Earth. Jenzabar’s mission is to create pathways to empower all to know who they are, what work they are destined to do, and how they can unlock their full potential – at home, at work, and in the world!
The Business Consultant will provide training and consulting services to Jenzabar clients on the implementation and use of Jenzabar’s software systems. Responsibilities include learning Jenzabar software, gathering and reviewing client business practices, configuring software, training end users on the software and documenting training/consulting engagements. The Consultant must be a proactive, self-starting professional and able to travel. This position requires a solid understanding of Student Information Systems, along with a general understanding of higher education regulations, requirements and policies associated with key student-based offices.
- Consult with and train end users on optimal configuration and use of Jenzabar’s J1 Student Information System.
- Perform assigned project tasks with minimal supervision.
- Follow established methodology to meet project deliverables for all assigned tasks.
- Work proactively and cooperatively in a team environment to accomplish project deliverables within defined schedule.
- Communicate information clearly, accurately, and timely to Jenzabar and client project team members.
- Gain a sound understanding and knowledge of the client's requirements.
- Understand the client’s business processes as they relate to the software.
- Exhibit excellent follow-up skills, including the development of detailed project documentation.
- Collaborate with Project Manager and other project team members in executing assigned projects.
- Stay abreast with industry trends and technologies.
- Solicit various viewpoints on potential implementation solutions.
- Share knowledge and insights.
- Other duties as assigned by management
Jenzabar Registration and Advising Requirements
- A minimum of 5 years experience working in a high education Registrar office or equivalent consulting experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of processes, policies and procedures at an accredited institution of higher education or equivalent consulting experience.
- Advanced knowledge of business processes as related to registrar's offices and functions within higher education.
- Preferred experience with Jenzabar and Registration and Advising modules. Student Life knowledge is a plus.
- Advanced experience of University Registrar business processes and functionality. Knowledge in the following: Advising trees, curriculum, degree requirements, degree audits, programs, curricula, course scheduling, rooms, advisor processing,
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience (at least 3 years must be in Higher Education).
- Experience working in one or more of the following functional areas: Registration, Advising, Student Life.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate well with others.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Comfort level with evolving and ever-changing technology.
- Ability to translate technical complex concepts to functional end users.
- Strong problem-solving and software troubleshooting skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven effective listening skills.
- Ability to follow a project plan with attention to detail and follow through.
The pay range for this position is $61,000 - $101,000/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, geographic location, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for an annual bonus in addition to a full range of benefits. This information is provided per the relevant state and local pay transparency laws for the location in which this position will be performed.
Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, 12 Weeks Paid Parental Leave, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K, Educational Assistance
Jenzabar does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetics, genetic markers and carrier status, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by state and federal laws.
Please Note: Jenzabar does not sponsor applicants for work visas.