At Guild, we believe talent is everywhere and that opportunity should be too. We continue to have our home and headquarters in Denver, but we have embraced a distributed model of working to reach the best talent in the United States. While some roles may require proximity to our Denver office, roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 30 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI and Washington D.C. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
At Guild, we uphold our Core Values in everything we do. Our team emphasizes our Core Values in the following ways:
- Nurture A Learner’s Mindset - using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and development areas
- Build Shared Success - building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Be an Owner - holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Create Belonging - recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to our company
- Guild is hiring a Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Developer with a strong background in Data Vault modeling and implementation. This role is responsible for the design/modeling, development, implementation, production support, and performance tuning of the underlying systems and reporting infrastructure for the data warehouse and data mart reporting environments. They design and implement reporting architecture solutions including the design of data warehouse, table structures, and the optimization of ETL processes and queries used to populate those structures with data from internal and external sources. This role will be a great fit for you if you have a strong understanding and passion for Data Vault, data modeling, reporting infrastructure, efficient ETL data pipelines, and scaling best practices.
- As a Senior BI Developer, you will:
- Be a key player in modeling and building our future Data Vault data warehouse to meet the needs of our large customer base across Guild
- Partner across the business to understand customer needs and turn them into requirements that will inform our future state data model
- Work closely with product, engineering, and analytics teams to scale reporting architecture and the ETL pipeline based on source of truth tables and events
- Develop a deep understanding of our business and and complex cross-functional domains
- Support reporting infrastructure tools and systems (e.g. Airflow, Snowflake, DBT, Looker, Github)
- Support monitoring, alerting, and anomaly detection efforts to measure performance, accuracy, and usage of data and reports
- Support team members by sharing technical knowledge and to help troubleshoot issues that arise and technical skills to be learned
- Solidify documentation for key systems
- You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Required Competencies
- Data Vault certification
- 4-5 years experience in business intelligence, infrastructure, data engineering, analytics or a related technical role in a fast-paced business or start up environment
- Experience with Data Vault and Kimball data warehouse architecture approaches
- Strong data modeling skills and experience building data models for complex businesses
- Experience building data pipelines, custom ETL processes, data warehouses, and table architecture
- Expertise in database technologies such as Redshift, Snowflake, PostgreSQL, and working with large sets of data
- Experience with BI tools such as Looker, Tableau, Power BI etc..
- Ability to communicate well in person, on paper, and in code. You can explain technical concepts to product managers, engineers, analysts and stakeholders
- Team player mindset, with strong interpersonal , organizational and influencing skills
- Passion for our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly and effectively adapting your expertise
- Preferred Competencies
- Experience with modern source control (Git / Github) practices
- Demonstrated curiosity and interest in keeping up and experimenting with new technologies
- Something else? Wonderful, we're curious to learn more about you!
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $130,000-$152,500, as well as company stock options.
, we unlock the talent and economic potential of America’s workforce for employees and their companies. We partner with the nation’s largest employers—including Walmart, Chipotle, Discover, Hilton, Macy’s, Target, and The Walt Disney Company—to create cultures of opportunity that help them attract and retain top talent, while building the workforce of the future from within. By using our proprietary Career Opportunity Platform to develop education and learning programs that work in the real-world, thousands of employees at those companies have gained the skills, knowledge, and guidance they need to build a brighter future for themselves and their families—all without paying for tuition or career services on their own.
Guild is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- Open vacation policy for employees to rest and recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 12 weeks of parental leave for non-birthing parents and 18-20 weeks for birthing parents; 4-week ramp-up period for when employees return from a leave of 6 weeks or more; as well as employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, fertility and caregiving benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including free and low cost mental health resources and financial wellbeing support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
as well as the privacy policies of the third-party service providers used by Guild associated with the application process. Please see the California Notice at Collection
if you are an applicant that resides in the State of California.