About the Team
The Cyber Defense & Vulnerability Threat Management teams are critical to the strategic foundation for delivery of our products, most notably the secure delivery of our new Digital SAT and AP programs. We are a highly motivated group of cyber security experts who take a proactive approach to ensuring a strong security posture. We partner across the organization to mature our Threat management and Incident Response procedures and are constantly seeking and experimenting with new technologies. We are currently using a variety of cutting-edge tools that provide comprehensive cyber security operations for the College Board’s critical infrastructure in support of the College Board’s mission to connect students to college success and opportunity. College Board is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members feel valued, respected, and supported in their work. We welcome individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to join our team and contribute to our ongoing success.
About the Opportunity
The College Board is seeking a Senior Cyber Threat Hunter to perform proactive detection and response of threat actors, developing new detection analytics, and provide cyber intelligence gathering and intelligence-driven cyber threat hunting. You will also support the Cyber Defense Team by applying analytic and technical skills to perform threat hunting, investigate intrusions, identify malicious activity and potential insider threats, and perform incident response. You will review threat data from various sources; coordinate with leadership, as well as internal resources to provide situational awareness to align security posture against the quickly changing cyber threat landscape.
In this role, you will:
- Conduct threat hunting to identify, classify, prioritize, and report on cyber threats following industry best practices.
- Conduct research on emerging security threats; Provide correlation and trending of cyber incident activity.
- Craft and refine detection analytics within the Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM).
- Conduct Purple Teaming exercises to help improve the College Board’s security posture.
- Maintain expert knowledge of advanced persistent threats tools, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) as well as forensics and incident response practices.
- Conduct digital forensics investigations for enterprise security incidents, E-Discovery legal matters, attacks/intrusions, policy violations, and insider threats investigations as well as incident management.
- Be responsible for executing processes within all activities within the security Incident response lifecycle. These activities include detection, triage, analysis, containment, recovery, and reporting.
- Collaborate with architects, engineers, developers, and other business unit personnel to identify and remediate weaknesses in security posture.
- Utilize automation to improve processes, respond to incidents, and to hunt for threats on the College Board network.
About you, you have:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, equaling 7+ years of IT InfoSec related work experience.
- Experience with enterprise-level threat hunting.
- Experience with handling critical incidents and/or breach response.
- Python programming experience.
- Industry known certifications, such as CISSP, SSCP, CISM, CEH, CSIRT, or GIAC
- Encase, FTK, or SANS Institute Forensic Toolkit (SIFT), or similar forensics product experience.
- Experience with open source and commercial security management tools.
- Strong understanding of Threat Intelligence and Threat Profiling.
- Familiarity with network security methodologies, tactics, techniques, and procedures.
- Experience with Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS)/ Intrusion Protection Systems (IPS), SIEM, and other network defense security tools.
- Experience with Data Loss Prevention (DLP) technologies.
- Experience in network security architecture.
- Experience with Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR) Platforms.
- Knowledge of digital forensic and static malware analysis techniques.
- Ability to maintain a high level of discretion and personal integrity in the exercise of duties, including the ability to professionally address confidential matters.
Our Benefits & Compensation:
College Board offers a strong compensation and benefits package that attracts top talent looking to make a difference in education.
- Our robust benefits package includes health, dental, and vision insurance, tuition assistance, paid time off, paid parental leave, retirement benefits with a generous matching program, and more.
- We reward performance through annual bonuses and provide opportunities for salary growth over time through base compensation increases, merit raises and promotions.
- We believe in compensating staff members fairly in relation to each other, their qualifications, and their impact. The salary range for a new employee in this position is $144,000-$157,000. The salary offer of an individual candidate within this range is specific to their location and qualifications.
- Each salary offer is determined carefully using internal and external benchmarking and adjusting for the candidate’s location. You will have an opportunity to discuss salary in more detail after you begin the application process.
- As a self-sustaining non-profit organization with global impact, College Board offers a job that matters, a team that cares, and a place to learn, innovate and thrive!
- We are motivated to positively impact the educational and career trajectories of millions of students a year.
- We prioritize building a diverse and inclusive team where every employee can thrive, and every voice is heard.
- We value learning and growth; we offer formal and informal ways to lead through your superpowers, sharpen your strengths, and meet your development goals.
- Our high-performing engineers work with the latest technologies, so you will be constantly learning and sharpening your skills, enabling you to be industry-forward instead of left behind technologically.