ABOUT THIS POSITION
Aceable is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to help us deliver on our next-generation Data Platform. You will be responsible for building and operating critical data integrations, keeping the company’s heart beating.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead the discovery, analysis, and implementation of data-integrations and pipelines driven by Marketing, Sales, and Finance
- Use current best practices and standard to update legacy “bad-practices” and ensure this infrastructure is agile, flexible, and reliable to allow the company to take on the challenges and expansions of the future
- Onboard, train, and set up end-users for Segment’s enhanced features like Profiles (Engage), Journeys, and Audiences and Snowflake’s powerful SQL capabilities either through SQL-tools or PowerBI and SnowSight
- Source systems: Stripe, Google-Ads, Zendesk call center, Facebook-ads, Bing, Iterable Hubspot plus our internal eComm websites
- Target systems: Google-analytics, Google/Bing/Facebook/LinkedIn-Ads, Tik-Tok, Amplitude, Iterable, amongst others
- Note: The initial focus for this role will be Segment CDP, over time there will be a growing focus on Matillion-ETL pipelines and Snowflake for our new data warehouse
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 5-8 years professional experience with specializations, and strong interest in, Segment Customer Data Platform (CDP), and Cloud Data-Warehousing
- Strong SQL and RDBMS experience
- Data integration experience via APIs, custom functions, pipelines, data-streams
- Direct and recent experience working with APIs such as Stripe, Google Ads, Bing Ads, Iterable, Facebook, TikTok, etc.
- MongoDB (or other No-SQL’s), Snowflake, Redshift, Matillion-ETL
- Experience in eCommerce, Marketing, Ed-Tech
- PowerBI, SnowSight, similar BI tools
Aceable is a mobile education platform designed to create affordable, engaging, and convenient online courses available across mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, our team is obsessed with helping people reach their life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching our first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and most recently entered into healthcare education. Aceable serves hundreds of thousands of students per month, but we need your help to tackle our vision of serving millions of students per month!
Aceable has been awarded as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin for multiple years running by numerous entities, such as the Austin Business Journal, BuiltInAustin, and EqualOcean. We actively work to foster a creative, collaborative, and diverse culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student-lives as possible.
ABOUT THE ENGINEERING TEAM
The Aceable Engineering Team cares heavily about the welfare of our peers, the quality of our product, and our student’s experience. We come from a variety of backgrounds, thrive on collaboration and respect, and work with each other daily to do our best work. We ask the same of any new hire and are excited to see what creative ideas, viewpoints, and processes each new engineer brings to the team.
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2022
- Competitive total rewards (base salary + bonus/stock options, if applicable)
- 401k match
- Robust medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Generous paid time off programs + 19 paid holidays per year
- Flexible work schedule
- Wellness programs
- Free access to LinkedIn Learning
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown Austin building with free parking
- Weekly lunch, a fully stocked fridge, and plentiful snacks
- Company events and activities (holiday events, happy hours, volunteering)
- #PursueGrowth Reimbursement ($500 per year for full-time employees)
- Free Roadside Assistance subscription
- Passionate teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- NOTE: Our team is currently working in a hybrid work environment with flexibility to work in office or remote based on role/department
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status. Even if you don't think you meet every qualification listed, we'd love to review your application!
Salary range for this position is $130,000 to $160,000 per year.