Build the future!
Would you like to be a part of the team defining the future of education while keeping pace with the constant evolution of the digital landscape? Come join our technology group, thrive alongside a talented team of software engineers, and develop products that are impacting millions of learners and educators every day.
You will work on our award-winning learning platform, ALEKS, which uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to help educators and parents understand each student’s knowledge and learning progress in-depth and provide the individual support required for every student to achieve mastery.
Check out the product you will be working with here:
Please note that this position is not fully remote. We will be working in a hybrid environment, and ALEKS employees must be located within driving distance of our office in Irvine, CA.
How can you make an Impact?
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who has a natural curiosity to continually improve their craft, and enjoys sharing knowledge with the team, including mentoring less experienced software engineers. You will collaborate with engineers, QA, UX and product managers in scoping, developing, and delivering roadmap projects to successfully provide solutions that enhance personalization and engagement of online learning experiences. In this role, with a focus on full stack software engineering, you will create new systems flexible enough to accommodate future changes as well as be able to understand, fix and improve code from other engineers as well as adapt to changes in web development.
What can you expect from the position?
- Review project objectives and determine the best architecture for implementation in ALEKS’s software. Implement best practice standards for development, build and testing while mentoring engineers.
- Analyze business requirements and identify possible gaps, ambiguities, and missing scenarios in collaboration with lead engineers.
- Document technical changes and additions.
- Collaborate and communicate efficiently as part of an Agile team.
- Review emerging technologies and evaluate potential uses for ALEKS’s Technical Department. Develop prototype projects using modern technologies.
What can you bring to the role?
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Experience working on cross-browser platforms.
- Experience with Test-driven development.
- Self-motivated, self-critical, detail oriented, self-learner.
- Set a positive example about advancing technical competence and using healthy debate to resolve differences and build consensus.
- Experience developing and sharing engineering best practices and helping other engineers grow their skills.