For other positions, some roles may be based outside of our Denver office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 28 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
At Guild, we uphold our Core Values in everything we do. Our team emphasizes our Core Values in the following ways:
- Nurture A Learner’s Mindset - using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and development areas
- Build Shared Success - building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Be an Owner - holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Create Belonging - recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to our company
Guild is hiring a Senior Front-End Data Visualization Engineer to collaborate and work closely with a team of engineers, product managers, and designers to innovate and build software that helps employer partners take advantage of Guild’s affordable education programs and coaching services.
This position is essential to helping our customers gain insight into Guild’s contributions to the success of their employees and in turn the success of their business. This is achieved through understanding of customer data and working with product and data teams to best present that data based on product and customer requirements. The data should be displayed such that it can be easily consumed by non-technical users.
The key part of the role is showcasing data analytics and its interpretation visually. You’ll need to represent data patterns in the form of charts and graphics. This will require gaining a thorough understanding of the data, and the visualization goals.
As a Senior Front-End Data Visualization Engineer, you will:
- Design and develop data visualizations and UIs to help Guild’s employer partners gain insights and understanding into how their programs with Guild are performing.
- Design and build data visualizations that pull data from existing internal APIs (GraphQL and REST), be able to build new APIs as required and pull data from data warehouses such as Snowflake.
- Be a part of a team of front-end and full-stack engineers building high quality software products for our employer, student and education partners – design, develop, and test well-architected software from the ground up
- Proactively engage with clients and product managers to gather requirements, work with internal teams choosing technology, deploying a solution to production, or leading and participating in day-to-day activities via our agile sprints, daily standups, planning, and retros
- Mentor other engineers on our team – we’ll succeed, learn, and grow together, and sharing your expertise while collaboratively solving sophisticated problems or pair programming
- Work closely with our product operations and implementation teams to ensure that project plans, stories, and estimates are accurate and ensure that features delivered meet client expectations and are delivered on-time
- Co-own quality, working with product, QE, and engineering to ensure we are delivering high quality, high impact software solutions
Ideal candidate will have:
- In-depth knowledge of data visualization libraries. You need to master tools such as React Chart JS, D3, Highcharts, Tableau, and other popular toolkits.
- Experience working with data warehouses such as Snowflake
- Shown experience building new products, reusable component libraries and creative solutions for semi-customized or white-labeled UI experiences.
- Demonstrated success in Agile organizations, whether using Kanban or Scrum methodologies
- Experience and interest in implementing and maintaining unit tests
- Excellent communication skills that serve in partnering with clients and internal teams to deliver high quality solutions that meet the needs of our customers
- A deep understanding for prioritization and tradeoffs and coming up with sophisticated front-end solutions that are fabulous, easy to maintain and work across multiple displays
- Meticulous focus on high quality UI experiences and you demonstrate a willingness and the flexibility to meet client timelines; perhaps you’ve worked in a consulting or a client facing role before
- Passion for higher education and our mission – means quickly learning the landscape and effectively adapting your expertise
- A proven curiosity and interest in keeping up and experimenting with new technologies – enjoy technical reading and want to share engineering standard methodologies
- Experience in fast-growth, venture backed startups
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market driven, including a base salary range of $155,000-$180,000, as well as company stock options.
, we unlock the talent and economic potential of America’s workforce for employees and their companies. We partner with the nation’s largest employers—including Walmart, Chipotle, Discover, Hilton, Macy’s, Target, and The Walt Disney Company—to create cultures of opportunity that help them attract and retain top talent, while building the workforce of the future from within. By using our proprietary Career Opportunity Platform to develop education and learning programs that work in the real-world, thousands of employees at those companies have gained the skills, knowledge, and guidance they need to build a brighter future for themselves and their families—all without paying for tuition or career services on their own.
Guild is female-founded and a certified B Corp
. The company has been named to the TIME100 Most Influential Companies of 2022 list, CNBC Disruptor50 list three years in a row, Inc. Best Led Companies list, Fast Co. World Changing Ideas list and the B Lab Best for the World list among many others.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- Open vacation policy for employees to rest and recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 12 weeks of parental leave for non-birthing parents and 18-20 weeks for birthing parents; 4-week ramp-up period for when employees return from a leave of 6 weeks or more; as well as employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, fertility and caregiving benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including free and low cost mental health resources and financial wellbeing support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. As of February 1, 2022, we will be expanding our in-person vaccination requirement to include booster shots. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions fcan be requested for medical or religious reasons.