Course Hero is scaling! We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack to drive key projects, mentor team members, deal with constantly evolving business needs, and help continuously improve our software systems. You’ll thrive in an engaging, high-growth environment, with a collaborative, learning-focused culture. Our engineers have complete autonomy and independence to innovate.
The Recommendations team is building intelligent solutions and expertise in documents to support the student studying experience. As a senior software engineer you’ll lead projects from ideation to implementation, including the largest, scalable academic knowledge graph of questions and answers.
Here are some ways you'll make an impact:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software for new user-facing features
- Identify and evaluate new technologies to improve the Course Hero platform
- Design and implement technical system changes—this is hands-on work where you’ll be coding and mentoring our hardworking developers
- Profile and optimize our apps, ensuring high performance across devices
- Identify best practices and areas for improvement and drive those initiatives
- Design sophisticated systems and lead the technical solution of projects
- Work closely with our product and design teams to define feature specifications
- Mentor other engineers
Are you our Senior Software Engineer?
- BS degree in Computer Science or relevant work experience
- 5+ years in designing and building dynamic production solutions
- Ability to formulate and articulate opinions on product design and engineering issues with a focus in finding the most effective solution
- Deep sense of product ownership
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or have equivalent practical experience
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary, annual bonus, and RSUs
- Medical coverage, including full dental and vision
- Life and disability benefits
- 401(k) program (US) / retirement savings plan (Canada) with company match
- One month paid sabbatical after 5 years at the company
- Education reimbursement
- Professional development workshops & industry conferences
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible work schedule
- Social responsibility program (volunteer time off and donation matching)
- Annual wellness stipend
- Monthly tech stipend
- Annual family planning stipend
- Monthly snack boxes delivered to your door
- Cell phone allowance
We are a virtual-first company and have employees dispersed throughout the United States and Canada. We have a market-based pay structure that varies by location. The base pay for this position is dependent on multiple factors, including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed below. You may also be eligible to participate in our bonus program and may be offered an equity award, benefits, and other types of compensation.
This role is eligible for hire in Vancouver (Canada), and Toronto (Canada).
For positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Other locations: IL, MA, NJ.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria. We strongly encourage you to apply if you're interested: we'd love to learn how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion within our company. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.
About Course Hero:
Course Hero is on a mission to help students graduate, confident and prepared. The online learning platform offers over 60 million course-specific study resources created by and for students and educators, as well as 24/7 tutor help. More than 65,000 verified college educators use Course Hero to collaborate with other faculty and share resources to hone new strategies for instruction. Everyday, students, educators and tutors help more than 20 million students make every study hour count.
We have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty, and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
Join us on our mission!