JOB DESCRIPTION: SAIC is seeking an experienced instructional designer to support an innovative training program for the Customer’s Technical Research, Development, and Engineering occupation. The candidate will provide subject matter expertise related to the occupational skillset and help generate dynamic content and design class activities in conjunction with other instructional designers and instructors. Work will revolve around content design and development of courses for the occupational cadre, including scenario-based learning. The candidate will also be responsible for creating lesson plans and learning requirements, along with maintaining the currency of course materials and conducting course reviews to gather feedback and implement adjustments to training material. S/he will utilize project management skills to ensure effective course development and delivery. The position is located in Chantilly.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Current TS/SCI clearance with full-scope polygraph.
- Bachelor’s degree with and (14) years or more of related experience. Masters and (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and (9) years or more experience.
- Successful experience managing learning projects from analysis through implementation to include maintaining documentation throughout the curriculum design project lifecycle.
- Experience developing multimedia and virtual learning products.
- Experience working in the customer’s technical directorate. In particular, previous work in a Technical Research, Development, and Engineering job function is highly desired.
- Successful experience as a project manager or COTR to provide subject matter expertise and guidance to course development activities is desirable.
- Record of accomplishment supporting the customer on planning, overseeing, and operating challenging programs.
- Familiarity with all or some of the following tools: Moodle, HIVE, MS One Note, Talkabout, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Captivate, One Button Studio, SharePoint.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer,
fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion
, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com
. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom