Udacity is on a mission to change lives, businesses and nations through radical talent transformation in digital technologies. We offer a unique and immersive online learning platform, powering corporate technical training in fields such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science, Autonomous Systems, Cloud Computing and more. Our rapidly growing global organization is revolutionizing how the enterprise market bridges the talent shortage and skills gaps during their digital transformation journey. Udacity is proud to be backed by respected investors like Andreessen Horowitz, Charles River Ventures, Bertelsmann and Drive Capital, among other leading VC firms, and provides a powerful and differentiated solution inside of a $32b total addressable market opportunity. Udacity has more than 100 enterprise customers including Airbus, Bertelsmann, BNP Paribas, Leidos, Mazda, and the United States Air Force.
- Manage IT employees to support 5 global locations, primarily Mountain View and SF offices. Work includes some travel to locations
- Manage network infrastructure: design, deploy and maintain Wifi, LAN, and VPN networks, manage DHCP/DNS and IP addressing, network storage and troubleshooting, and ensure maximum network uptime
- Manage IT Helpdesk: provide end-user support via Jira service desk ticketing system and existing helpdesk technicians, act as a final point of escalation for all issues ● Ensure security: Asset compliance, camera footage storage, security audit compliance ● Hardware procurement and lifecycle: hardware purchasing, asset tracking, deployment, maintenance and recycling for all hardware (employee machines, networking hardware, conferencing equipment, etc.)
- Client Engineering Ops: design and deploy machine imaging media, perform patch management and user machine admin duties and delegate to helpdesk technicians ● Atlassian management: perform Org & Site Admin duties for Jira/Confluence cloud instances, and act as a final point of escalation for all issues and customization requests ● BetterCloud management: provide workflow management and policy enforcement to ensure security and access control to applications
- Procure goods and services and maintain vendor relations for things like hardware, internet service, and other services, and maintain budgetary requirements ● Develop team initiatives, hold regular standup meetings, and provide performance reviews
- Design, deploy and maintain All-Hands A/V setups for broadcasting events
- 3+ years management experience
- 5+ years IT experience
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and computer hardware/software systems
- Hands-on experience with helpdesk support, computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Results-oriented and pro-active
- Ability to work across time zones
What We Do
Udacity’s mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We address the complex dynamic of workforce challenges and strive to be the change we need in the world to transform talent to create opportunities for heightened productivity and retention. Udacity is where lifelong learners come to learn the skills they need, to land the jobs they want, and to build the lives they deserve.
Don’t stop there! Please keep reading...
You’ve probably heard the following statistic:
Most male applicants only meet 60% of the qualifications, while women and other marginalized candidates only apply if they meet 100% of the qualifications. If you
think you have what it takes but don’t meet every single point in the job description, please apply!
We believe that historically, many processes disproportionately hurt the most marginalized communities in society- including people of color, working-class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people. Centering these communities at our core is pivotal for any successful organization and a value we uphold steadfastly. Therefore, Udacity strongly encourages applications from all communities and backgrounds.
Last, but certainly not least…
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. We believe that the unique contributions of all Udacians is the driver of our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition (including genetic information), age, veteran status or military status, denial of pregnancy disability leave or reasonable accommodation.
As part of our ongoing work to build more diverse teams at Udacity, when applying, you will be asked to complete a voluntary self-identification survey. This survey is anonymous, we are unable to connect your application with your survey responses. Please complete this voluntary survey as we utilize the data for diversity measures in terms of gender and ethnic background in both our candidates and our Udacians. We consider this data seriously and appreciate your willingness to complete this step in the process, if you choose to do so.
Students First - Better Together - Entrepreneurial - Data Driven - Candid and Direct - Talent Obsessed