At 2U, we are all in on purpose. We are motivated by our mission – to eliminate the back row in education – and connected by our shared passion to deliver world-class digital education at scale. As the parent company of edX, the world’s leading online learning platform, 2U powers more than 4,000 online higher education offerings – from free courses to full degrees. Together with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporate partners, we are helping to unlock human potential.
What We’re Looking For:
The Marketing Account Manager (Senior Partner Marketing Lead) is responsible for driving marketing value, adoption and growth across a highly complex set of programs and universities, across all business lines. They are a key external and internal marketing stakeholder, laser focused on developing and leveraging effective marketing-forward school partnerships that support, nurture and grow partner marketing engagement to drive impact in the overall business. Reporting to a Senior Manager or Director of Partner Marketing, this role is a peer lead across the team, with demonstrated expertise in leveraging account and relationship management to drive marketing strategy and partner engagement both for their individual portfolios, and in support of the broader Portfolio across all lines of business.. They are accountable for complex and multi-stakeholder external relationships and goaled towards effective partner engagement that directly results in business growth and success. The Senior Partner Marketing Lead is ultimately responsible for overall program performance of their portfolio through the active engagement with both internal and external stakeholders to drive focused and effective marketing strategies that deliver business results.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Establishes and upholds productive marketing relationships between 2U marketing and partner institutions within a large, complex and high impact growth portfolio.
- Determines and executes appropriate cadenced communication plan with school stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient brand stewardship that supports the program’s strategic marketing plan.
- Engages as a trusted advisor and brand steward with, and for, the partner, leading proactive and productive partner discussions to align objectives, drive growth strategies and create successful outcomes.
- Manages direct, scoped and regular contact with partners to ensure progress against growth objectives
- Secures partner and/or internal approvals on new projects/initiatives, navigates partner and business requests and feedback, create and manages jira tickets, collaborates on creatives briefs, logs call, meeting and incident reports
- Successfully maintains multi-level stakeholder relationships, including senior level leadership and central marketing alongside school side engagement
- Goaled with increasing partner confidence, improving partner sentiment and increasing go-to-market speed across complex partner portfolio to support achievement of established business goals
- Owns and powers the development, iteration and driving of impactful marketing narrative within a large, complex and high impact growth portfolio to support partner engagement and achievement of university and 2U business goals
- Responsible for monitoring and tracking partner funnel and collaborating with strategic internal stakeholders to optimize funnel performance.
- Proactively engages internal teams and escalates appropriately to address performance and partner concerns as appropriate against 2U business goals
- Ensures strategic and creative deliverables are aligned with partner brand, strategy and business goals
- Responsible for identifying and implementing strategies and tactics that optimize funnel performance within the Portfolio.
- Proactively engage with Marketing Strategy to uncover opportunities, trends and insights by vertical to grow and strengthen strategic marketing approach
- Works closely and autonomously with each program’s General Manager/Program Director within a large, complex and high impact growth portfolio to ensure proper alignment and execution of brand strategies and program objectives.
- Attend and participate in business critical internal meetings (PLTs, etc) and strategy planning
- Secures school approvals on new projects/initiatives, navigates partner and business requests and feedback, create and manages jira tickets, collaborates on creatives briefs, logs call, meeting and incident reports
- Maintains and keeps current partner specific “playbook” to document and support continuity of historical context, institutional knowledge and partner relationship nuance.
- Collaborates with internal teams to provide necessary context and insight to drive performance and relationship growth, as well as strategy
- Proactively identifies and nurtures growth opportunities with partners and internal stakeholders that advance partner relationship and marketing effectiveness to improve program performance
- Mentorship of peers regarding best practices and effective tactics in relationship/partner management, marketing strategy, problem solving, prioritization and conflict resolution.
- Support wider Portfolio success as needed, with strategic partnership, mentorship, preparation and presentation alongside other Partner Marketing team members.
Process Development and Training
- Develops and proactively drives strategic resources, positioning and team training to highlight and support large-scale marketing efforts
- Collaborate with Marketing Strategy stakeholders to create quantitative and qualitative performance reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Develops standards and processes to provide partners with regular performance feedback and reporting
- Work closely with Senior Manager/Director of Partner Marketing to ensure balanced and effective Portfolio partner management aligned with business drivers and growth objectives
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 5-10 years as a Account Manager, Marketing Manager, Communications Specialist, Strategist or similar job function, either in agency, educational, digital marketing or corporate setting
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA or similar a plus
- Client facing agency experience highly preferred
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Strong experience in managing marketing strategy from concept to execution
- Deep experience in partner, client or account management
- Strong experience across a variety of digital marketing tactics
- Strong data fluency, with drive to develop mastery within 2U’s specific business model
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Must be highly organized and have great attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience with email automation systems, Salesforce, Google Analytics and Tableau is a plus
- Ability to maintain a fun, casual, professional and productive team atmosphere
- Ability to work with diverse teams in a fast-paced environment
- Enthusiasm and the ability to adapt and thrive in an atmosphere of constant change
While this position is open to remote candidates across the U.S., we will prioritize those who live in the Washington-Baltimore metropolitan area and who are available to come into our Headquarters in Lanham, MD two days a week.
Benefits & Culture
Our global employee base is a diverse collection of innovators, dreamers, and doers working together to transform lives through higher education. We believe that every employee can advance our shared purpose, and that life at 2U should be fun and meaningful. If you’re excited by the opportunity to provide over 40 million learners and counting with access to world-class online higher education, then join us – and do work that makes a difference. #NoBackRow
We offer comprehensive benefits (unique per country) and excellent work/life balance.
Full-time, U.S.benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability, and 401(k) employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Free snacks and drinks in-office
- Generous paid holidays and leave policies, including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break
The anticipated base salary range for this role is ($90,000-$100,000), with potential bonus eligibility. Salary offers are made based on the candidate’s qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, budget for the position and cost of labor in the market in which the candidate will be hired.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to building and sustaining a culture of belonging, respect, and inclusion. We are proud of the steps we’ve taken to bring together an employee base that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by what makes us different, as well as by how we are alike.
2U is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or accommodations, please reach out to us at: email@example.com
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
For more than a decade, 2U, Inc. has been the digital transformation partner of choice to great non-profit colleges and universities delivering high-quality online education at scale. As the parent company of edX, a leading global online learning platform, 2U provides over 45 million learners with access to world-class education in partnership with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporations. Our people and technology are powering more than 4,000 digital education offerings — from free courses to full degrees — and helping unlock human potential. To learn more: visit 2U.com.
edX is the education movement for restless learners and a leading global online learning platform from 2U, Inc. (Nasdaq: TWOU). Together with the majority of the world’s top-ranked universities and industry-leading companies, we bring our community of over 45 million learners world-class education to support them at every stage of their lives and careers, from free courses to full degrees. And we're not stopping there — we're relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location. Learn more at edX.org.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.