*** We are in a hybrid schedule, 2 days on campus and 3 days WFH. ***
This position is located in our Cleveland, Ohio (USA) Headquarters.
The Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for OverDrive's Emerging Brands and Business Units. This seasoned B2B demand generation specialist is well-versed in leading emerging businesses and is proficient with CRM platforms such as Hubspot and Salesforce Marketing Cloud. The ideal candidate's role is to drive lead generation and boost sales across various channels, including email, social media, and Google ad campaigns. With a deep understanding of our customers' journeys, they provide incremental value to engage and convert both existing and new customers effectively.
Your primary responsibility involves spearheading the marketing strategy and its execution in support of the academic success of K-12 students through Sora and Teaching Books products, services, and content. The right candidate appreciates the challenges and opportunities within school districts regarding reading and literacy. They'll set strategic and tactical goals, focused on metrics and revenue growth, and manage digital marketing campaigns for Sora and Teaching Books.
In the realm of Global Library and Education business, you'll lead the charge in driving growth through marketing. This involves supporting international, professional, and academic markets while immersing yourself in the unique needs of diverse international markets. Your mission is to develop and execute, or collaborate with market-specific agencies, to create creative, innovative, and actionable marketing and media campaigns that align with business unit objectives in each market.
About the Job
- Collaborate with senior leadership to craft a better together value proposition that combines both Sora and Teaching Books brands.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Sales operations and Sales leadership to analyze lead flow and to establish marketing qualified lead (MQL) criteria, volume estimates, service level agreements (SLA), and sales acceptance criteria.
- Collaborate with the Publisher Account Services team to ensure content promotion opportunities are woven through the business unit marketing plans, and to understand and support revenue goals of the suppliers that serve the business unit.
- Develop content calendar with campaign flight dates.
Create a closed-loop revenue attribution model to accurately report ROI for marketing spend.
- Lead a comprehensive improvement of CRM contact and email hygiene audit to improve engagement rate for business unit contacts.
- Establish lead scoring and grading criteria in partnership with marketing and sales stakeholders.
- Design effective marketing campaigns to improve percentage of qualified leads.
- Develop easy and automated strategies for schools to activate Sora and Teaching Books.
Automate outreach campaigns.
- Lead design strategy to create a best-in-class SaaS website on DiscoverSora.com that tracks targeted conversion rates.
- Ideate and manage social media and influencer strategy for Sora and international markets as needed.
- In collaboration with Events Manager, audit the current trade show strategy and make recommendations. Travel to meet partners or attend trade shows may be required. Reinvent how we evaluate opportunities.
Budget and Performance Management:
- Own each business unit’s marketing budget and ensure that all campaigns are executed within the established budget and maintain production schedules.
- Manage and track how we successfully support school promotional needs.
Communications and PR:
- Liaison with PR firm and communications team and provide feedback and direction for ongoing efforts.
- Drive thought leadership opportunities through panels, moderation, interviews and white papers.
- Serve as project manager for all initiatives or campaigns in specific markets. Establish and maintain relationships and good communication in coordination with key internal department members to carry out and ensure maximization of marketing campaign goals, timelines and budgets.
- Manage the business unit Marketing strategy and resources to develop and execute a marketing channel strategy. Set team goals, hire, coach, and mentor team members.
You are a team player, knowing that successful digital marketing campaigns are the result of enthusiastic behavior and strong leadership. You love metrics and have a passion to drive growth. You are a giver and receiver of high-fives and compliments.
About the Team
The Marketing team is a dynamic, creative, and passionate group who strive to understand, cultivate and protect the OverDrive brand We work hard but we also like to have a lot of fun too.
You Will Be Successful in This Role If:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- 7+ years of experience in B2B Marketing, preferably in a business-unit-aligned role.
- Experience driving omnichannel inbound and outbound marketing strategies.
- Experience in Hubspot is a must.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Results-oriented with a focus on delivering leads and increasing sales
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including copy writing; strong listening skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Self-directed, tactful and diplomatic with a clear, courteous and professional manner.
- Possess deep knowledge of marketing platforms for analytics and automation, such as Salesforce, Google Analytics, Adobe Web Analytics.
- Able to design and leverage marketing analytics that demonstrate ROI, revenue attribution, and campaign optimization opportunities.
- Strong leader, with the ability to mentor and coach a team, and the ability to influence cross-functional team members and senior leaders.
- Creative, innovative, and an outside-the-box thinker.
As you’ve probably guessed, OverDrive is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else, we don’t even want you to be like us—we want you to be like you! So, if you're interested in joining the OverDrive team, apply below and tell us what inspires you about OverDrive and why you think you are perfect for our team.
OverDrive values diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.