Over 20 years ago, Stride was founded to provide personalized learning — powered by technology. We reached students where they were in their own journeys. We knocked down their barriers to great education. And we gave every learner equal opportunity to succeed — however they defined success. Stride innovated the learning experience with online and blended learning that prepared them for their lives ahead.
Stride is a community of passionate leaders. Whether teachers, engineers, curriculum writers, or financial managers — whatever your expertise or role, we all work to empower futures through learning. And changing the trajectory of learning itself is one of our greatest missions. Join us in developing more effective ways to learn and helping learners build the skills and confidence they need to make their way forward in life.
The Senior Product & Customer Insights Researcher will be responsible for planning and executing end-to-end research initiatives in support of both sustaining and emerging products. You will collaborate closely with product, design, and engineering partners as well as the cross-functional UX team. This role demands a strategic mindset, a keen understanding of user experience research throughout the product design lifecycle, a knack for collaboration with cross-functional teams, a deep-rooted understanding of human-centered design and design thinking, and a comprehensive knowledge of the education and edTech landscape.
Success in this role will require balancing collaborative team dynamics with autonomy and initiative of individual ownership. You must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and have experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods and tools. Above all, you should be a creative problem-solver and enthusiastic team player.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Independently lead research efforts, in collaboration with stakeholders, in support of emerging and sustaining product development across the product development lifecycle.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and other researchers to clarify and define research objectives.
- Employ a variety of research methodologies with current and potential users.
- Present and communicate research insights to key decision-makers and stakeholders.
- Equip designers, product managers, and other stakeholders with insights into user needs that inform product development decisions.
- Work closely with product teams to ensure features and functionality meets users’ needs and addresses user feedback, and develop and maintain a product roadmap that aligns with the company's business goals, budgets, and timelines.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
Certificates and Licenses: None required.
- Five (5) years of industry experience in UX research or related fields (such as UX design, market research, educational experience, etc.)
- Proven track record of collaborating with cross-functional teams to develop and execute product strategies.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Deep knowledge of human-centered design and product research methodologies, tools, and best practices needed across the product development lifecycle.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Additionally, you should have experience with building surveys, unmoderated tests, analytics dashboards, and moderated usability tests.
- Ability to pivot, when necessary.
- Creative problem-solver and enthusiastic team player.
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc.); Web proficiency.
- Ability to travel 5% of the time
- Ability to clear required background check
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as human factors, psychology, anthropology, sociology, or product management.
- Prior experience conducting research within the education sector.
- Knowledge of the EdTech market and trends.
- Experience using Hotjar, Qualtrics, UserTesting, and UserZoom.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is virtual and open to residents of the 50 states, D.C.
Compensation & Benefits: Stride, Inc. considers a person’s education, experience, and qualifications, as well as the position’s work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value when determining a new employee’s salary level. Salaries will differ based on these factors, the position’s level and expected contribution, and the employee’s benefits elections. Offers will typically be in the bottom half of the range.
- We anticipate the salary range to be $65,600 to $120,000. The upper end of this range is not likely to be offered, as an individual’s compensation can vary based on several factors. These factors include, but are not limited to, geographic location, experience, training, education, and local market conditions. Eligible employees may receive a bonus. Stride offers a robust benefits package for eligible employees that can include health benefits, retirement contributions, and paid time off.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
Stride, Inc. is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)