About the job
Pearson/Credly seeks a Senior Product Designer to join our design team and drive user outcomes through elegant UI/UX solutions. Working directly with a product manager, tech lead, and team of engineers you will be a part of an empowered product team focused on outcomes.
Who we are
A mission-driven team that prizes respect, hard work, humility, and transparency. Equal opportunity employer focused on creating equal opportunity for individuals through portable, data-rich evidence of achievements.
Who you are
- A no-job-too-big-no-job-too-small professional who believes in what we're doing and wants to help us scale
- A hyper-organized, super-responsive, generally on-top-of-your-stuff kind of person
- A professional with perspective and the judgment to ensure design is integrated into our strategy and products
- A process-focused thinker with the ability to design systems that scale
- A quick learner willing to work without perfect information and the ability to get smart fast as new business opportunities demand
What you'll do here
As a product designer, you will be a leader on our product team playing an important role in researching, prototyping, building, and shipping new functionality on our platform. We also expect you to:
- Influence our overall user experience and the design framework that drives it
- Influence a variety of high-impact initiatives and product experiences
- Contribute to our vision, strategy, process, and approach while advocating for user empathy
- Collaborate with product managers, engineering, and leadership to build elegant solutions to user-defined problems
- Contribute on strategy with the rest of the product leadership team
- Contribute leadership in the discovery process while we iterate on ideas
- Translate customer problems into high-level solutions, experiences, and designs
- Work closely with engineers as they build and ship solutions
- Get great design work shipped quickly
What you know and can do (must haves)
- 4+ years of experience in designing digital products (not just websites)
- Experience in a high-stakes environment
- An appreciation of the entire product development lifecycle, from problem-solving through to detailed interaction and visual design
- The ability to create beautiful high-fidelity mockups and detailed prototypes
- Excellent communicator of design work and your rationale behind proposals
- Excellent self-starter who can deeply collaborate with others
- A growth mindset
- Desire to make things better
- Strong collaboration skills across disciplines that drive change in products and teams
- Ability to manage and contribute to multiple projects concurrently
- Demonstrated ability to think at a high-level about product strategy but also act–with speed and precision–to identify and deliver the tactical pieces that realize it
What you may know and have done (nice to haves)
- Prior experience as a product designer in a high-growth environment
- Demonstrable expertise in building and executing design frameworks
- A relevant professional certification or other credentials demonstrating proof of product design expertise
- A good sense of humor
- An awkward love of design tools and libraries
Compensation at Pearson is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific location. As required by the Colorado and New York City laws, the pay range for this position is as follows:
Minimum full-time salary range is between $115,000 - $125,000.
This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program, and information on benefits offered is here here
. Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here: http://www.pearson.com/careers/diversity-and-inclusion.html
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Organization: Workforce Skills
Req ID: 8671