When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global education space. For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Over 16,000 academic institutions, publishers, and corporations use our services: Gradescope by Turnitin, iThenticate, Turnitin Feedback Studio, Turnitin Originality, Turnitin Similarity, ExamSoft, Ouriginal and ProctorExam.
Turnitin has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia, Germany, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Sweden, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Our diverse community of colleagues are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in education. Come join us, and let's make change together.
The Product Marketing team at Turnitin is curious, customer-centric, data-driven, and collaborative. We’re responsible for the global go-to-market strategy for Turnitin’s portfolio of academic integrity and assessment solutions. The team collaborates cross-functionally with product management, corporate marketing, demand marketing, and global sales to develop positioning and messaging, content assets, campaigns, and sales tools in support of product revenue and user engagement goals. The team is also responsible for competitive analysis and positioning.
The Senior Product Marketing Manager will bring to market a new student writing application to support original writing and ensure academic integrity in the age of generative AI. This is a strategic product with significant growth opportunity for the company. The position will involve a mix of strategy, cross-team and cross-region orchestration, and tactical work in a dynamic environment with others who have a passion for learning and education. Create launch plans, capture customer feedback, support demand campaigns and regional growth strategies, and enable sales to cross-sell into Turnitin’s well-established base of academic institutions. In collaboration with sales and marketing teams, you’ll be responsible for the initial launch, user adoption, and global success of this new product.
- Analyze the global education market to identify target segments in support of a Go to Market (GTM) strategy.
- Craft core product positioning and messaging that resonates with the market and key buyer and user personas.
- Partner with Corporate Marketing to drive and uplevel company and product messaging reflecting the value this new offering brings to the portfolio.
- Partner with Product Management to position, price, and launch the new product aligned with market dynamics and customer needs.
- Design and deliver training & resources that empower Turnitin’s global Sales team to speak to how the product solves customer problems brought about by the emergence and use of generative AI writing tools.
- Lead the development of compelling assets that communicate the product's unique value and support lead generation and customer retention efforts.
- Serve as an advocate for our customers’ needs and partner with Product Management to ensure that solutions effectively deliver value.
- Collaborate with the Digital Demand and Customer Success teams to communicate key product upsell and update messages to Turnitin's customers.
- Partner with Global Marketing to understand regional markets and localize Turnitin’s value propositions accordingly.
- Lead strategic projects including a major GTM launch, and effectively manage stakeholder alignment and deliverables to meet goals and deadlines.
- Surface organizational blockers to introducing the new product to market and propose solutions.
- Present GTM launch strategy, messaging, key success factors and risks to an internal leadership audience.
- 8+ years Product Marketing or Product Management experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong knowledge of the education technology ecosystem
- Strong knowledge of education buyers and buying process
- Expert knowledge of consultative selling / solution selling and cross-selling methodologies
- Strong knowledge of growth marketing best practices
- Master's degree in a technology discipline, business, or other related
- Having worked in a role in education
- Product marketing industry certifications
- A SaaS background
- Having worked with a global customer base
- Strong knowledge of CRM and sales enablement technologies, such as SalesForce
- Resourcefulness: Possesses a mindset of abundance and redefines what’s possible; creates and advances ways of achieving results in new or difficult situations either by appropriating additional resources, or by doing more with less.
- Curiosity: Has a growth mindset and leads with questions vs. assumptions. Unleashes creativity and possibility by actively seeking new experiences, information, and knowledge; embraces challenge, takes risks, learns fast and welcomes change.
- Collaboration & Influencing: Effectively communicates and cooperates with peers, partners, leaders & customers to achieve outcomes. Builds relationships and creates an environment wherein people can naturally work together for the good of the company and our customers.
- Adaptability: The ability to flex when necessary to remain cohesive as a team amongst changing circumstances (environment, procedures, people, etc.).
The expected annual base salary range for this position is: $97,477/year to $180,514/year. This position is bonus eligible / commission-based.
As a Remote-First company, actual compensation will be provided in writing at the time of offer, if extended, and is determined by work location and a range of other relevant factors, including but not limited to: experience, skills, degrees, licensures, certifications, and other job-related factors. Internal equity, market and organizational factors are also considered.
Total Rewards @ Turnitin
Turnitin maintains a Total Rewards package that is competitive within the local job market. People tend to think about their Total Rewards monetarily — solely as regular pay plus bonus or commission. This is what they earn in exchange for what they do. However, Turnitin delivers more than just these components. Beyond the intrinsic rewards of making a difference in the lives of educators, administrators, learners and researchers around the world, and thriving in an organization that is free of politics and full of humble, inclusive and collaborative teammates, the extrinsic rewards at Turnitin include generous time off and health and wellness programs that offer choice and flexibility and provide a safety net for the challenges that life presents from time to time. In our Remote-First approach to collaborating, you are also able to work the way that best fits your style and situation - whether that be remote, in one of our offices/rented spaces, or hybrid.
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
- Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
- Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
- Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
- One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
- Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
- Flexible/hybrid working
- Remote First Culture
- Health Care Coverage*
- Tuition Reimbursement*
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- 4 Self-Care Days per year
- National Holidays*
- 2 Founder Days + Juneteenth Observed
- Paid Volunteer Time*
- Charitable contribution match*
- Monthly Wellness Reimbursement/Home Office Equipment*
- Access to Modern Health (mental health platform)
- Parental Leave*
- Retirement Plan with match/contribution*
* varies by country
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.