This position will work closely with the product manager to define and write product features to be implemented by the Scrum Team. You are responsible to assist in the definition of high-value extensions and enhancements to PowerSchool’s Administration product portfolio. This position will follow the Agile development process, to define the scope of work for the Scrum team by creating user stories, developing acceptance criteria and refining the product backlog. Working with product management and subject matter experts, you will apply incremental delivery principles to working practices, driving the delivery of value through your teams; communicating progress, eliciting feedback and enabling stakeholder reviews for validation in the process. This position will also use their skills to advance the progress of the Agile maturity model and provide timely reporting to Senior Management to ensure corporate objectives are being met.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Support the product manager in the development of product vision, goals, themes and features. This translates into a product roadmap and long-term product strategy and feature development
- Participate in daily scrum ceremonies, leading refinement sessions, and engaging with your Engineering team, guiding direction and focus
- Support the development of a prioritized Product Backlog, including the development of user stories, acceptance criteria and scenarios for your Product Engineering Team to develop working software from. Understanding PowerSchool’s customers and their needs, engaging in agile and scrum methodologies to elicit feature requirements
- Review QA test plans to align with acceptance criteria
- Review relevant documentation for technical accuracy
- Effectively communicate product release contents and expected product capabilities/behavior to stakeholders including external and internal customers
- Coordinates products between departments for global visibility
- Communicate the product vision to the technical teams as well as to other teams within the company
- Ensuring the correct features are being development, considering the value being delivered against the cost of delivery
- Provide weekly reports on project status to Senior Management
- Monitor and identify impediments to release objective and suggest corrective actions as necessary
- All other duties as assigned
To be considered for and to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- 3-5 years’ prior experience in a product owner role
- Strong understanding of Agile Values and Scrum Methodology
- Eliciting and defining requirements for the development teams
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments
- Ability to handle a heavy workload and multiple projects with frequent interruptions and schedule changes
- Ability to work in a changing, dynamic environment
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail, while still results oriented
- Experience working with and presenting to individuals in an organization
- Strong knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodology practices
- Experience working with teams and group projects
- Experience with business analysis, documenting use cases or requirements gathering
- Bachelor’s degree in business or computer science, or equivalent work experience
- Constant indoor collaborative work environment in close contact with co-workers
- Frequent social interactions and interruptions
- Frequent work under time restraints
- Rare travel
- Occasionally carrying items weighing under 10 lbs.
- Rarely carrying items weighing between 11-20 lbs.
- Occasionally reaching over shoulder, overhead and reaching outward
- Occasionally bending
- Frequently walking normal surfaces
- Constant sitting
- Constant use of keyboard, fine dexterity, grasping, holding
- Constant repetitive motion – hands
Compensation & Benefits
PowerSchool offers the following benefits:
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage (including Medical, Dental, Vision, Pharmacy benefits, Life Insurance and AD&D)
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
- Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
- Comprehensive 401(k) plan
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unrestricted paid time off (known as Discretionary Time Off - DTO)
- Paid Community and Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- Wellness Program, including ClassPass& Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Optional Benefits: Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Student Debt Repayment Program and Prepaid Legal coverage
A reasonable estimate of the base compensation range for this position is $66,000 – $97,000. The compensation range is specific to the United States and incorporates many factors including but not limited to an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience and training; licensures, degrees, and certifications; internal equity; internal pay ranges; and market data/range parameters.
PowerSchool is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. PowerSchool is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Our inclusive culture empowers PowerSchoolers to deliver the best results for our customers. We not only celebrate the diversity of our workforce, we celebrate the diverse ways we work. If you have a disability and need an accommodation regarding our recruiting process, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.