Coursera can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. Our interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a remote-first company.
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 113 million registered learners as of September 30, 2022. Coursera partners with over 275 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, Guided Projects, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
Coursera is searching for a sharp, motivated Salesforce developer to join our team as a Senior Salesforce Developer to develop and support our Salesforce instances. You will partner with our business & product stakeholders on transformational processes in our areas of Sales, Service, Support, Application and Marketing solutions spanning operational strategy, business process and implementation. You will produce high quality code following best practices in an agile environment.
- Work with the Salesforce administrator to analyze business requests and design scalable technical solutions
- Work within Lightning Framework using Lightning Components, Lightning Events, and Salesforce Lightning Design System
- Familiarity with advanced Apex programming concepts including core design patterns, limits and bulk patterns, efficient and reliable trigger handling, asynchronous operations and effective unit testing
- Assist in identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving defects encountered during different stages of project delivery, including during the deployment and implementation of the solution in production environment
- Lead technical design sessions, designing and documenting technical solutions that are aligned with the business objectives
- Comfortable with multi-tasking and working as part of a global team, as well as working independently and taking ownership of tasks
- 4+ years of experience within the Salesforce Ecosystem focused on the development experience using Apex, Visualforce, SOQL and SOSL, Lightning Components Frameworks, Triggers, Batch Apex, and Salesforce APIs
- Experience of DevOps, setting up and running infrastructure, and CI/CD pipeline deployment within a Salesforce environment using standard Salesforce tools
- Knowledgeable with click to configure functionality such as Flows, Lightning Email Templates, Sharing Rules.
- Active Salesforce certifications or ability to achieve relevant certifications upon hire
- Exposure to Agile/Scrum and Waterfall methodologies
- Certifications listed below are in order of relevance: These are preferred but not required - hands-on experience is valued heavily
- Platform Developer II
- Salesforce Certified Sharing & Visibility Designer
- Salesforce Experience Cloud
- Prior experience in the education space (either as a parent, a student, teacher etc.)
- Expert communication skills (verbal and written)
- College degree, or equivalent experience
- A commitment to inclusion and diversity, and openness to new ideas and perspectives
- Experience with CI/CD process like AutoRabbit
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
- Salesforce Integration
- Customer Service Fundamentals
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.