Senior Security Operations Engineer
Remote – US
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com
The Anthology IT Security Engineering Program leads the engineering and operation of technology to monitor and enhance the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all corporate information systems and products. This team is a core part of Anthology, providing it substantial opportunities to influence the overall corporate mission and culture.
This team is growing, built on frictionless interactions with partners across the corporation, leveraging transparency, trust, and collaboration to elevate Anthology security through partnerships.
The primary function of the Senior Security Operations Engineer will be to help engineer and operate our enterprise security programs with a focus on our product offerings. As Senior Security Operations Engineer, you will be a detail-oriented engineering professional with a desire to improve enterprise security through hands-on system engineering for corporate technology and our internally developed cloud-based products. You will report to the Senior Director of IT Security Engineering.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring and reporting the configuration of cloud-based resources for security risks and baseline compliance
- Performing continuous monitoring activities, as required by TX-, State-, and FedRAMP standards and responding to security alerts for timely security response
- Engineering the design, deployment, operation, and improvement of corporate security systems
- Advancing enterprise security through customization of systems, automation of processes, and collaboration with product teams
- Managing the architecture, design, and operation of Anthology Security systems including vulnerability management, endpoint protection, centralized logging, and security information and event management (SIEM)
- Providing research, evaluation, and expert judgment for product security planning
- Implementing security infrastructure for endpoint security, perimeter access control, and threat detection
- Participating in continuous improvement initiatives
- Providing coaching and mentorship to more junior team members
- Experience with Incident Response and Forensics
- Experience engineering cloud-based information security systems
- Experience in applying industry best practices and requirements such as DISA STIGs, CIS Benchmarks & AWS Well-Architected Framework to cloud-based architectures
- Experience researching, deploying, and supporting information security systems
- Experience consulting with internal teams on the technical implementation and support of information security controls
- Experience coaching and mentoring junior team members
- Experience scripting and automating information security systems
- Effective organization, follow-up, and time management skills
- Strong technical, analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a global team environment
- Self-starter, quick-learner, and pro-active problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop and foster strong relationships with technology and business stakeholders
- Experienced and comfortable with a global team and a remote working environment
- 3 or more years hands-on Incident Response and Forensics experience
- 3 or more years security or systems engineering experience
- Experience managing security protection utilizing EDR tools and managing an endpoint protection program
- Experience deploying and managing vulnerability assessment software to identify and report on enterprise vulnerabilities and configuration risks
- Experience managing the centralization of logs using agents, data transfer systems, and ETL pipelines for SIEM ingestion
- Knowledge of secure development methodologies, tools, and practices
- Linux, Windows, and MacOS expertise
- Experience with cloud security and securing enterprise information systems
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
This position is not available for candidates residing in the following locations: CO, CA, WA, NYC