Course Hero is growing in India! As a Senior Software Engineer, Back-End you will design, implement, test and maintain Course Hero’s platform. You are able to prioritize well, communicate clearly, have a consistent track record of delivery and have excellent software engineering skills. You are able to work across multiple facets of the project and manage multiple responsibilities.
We recently just launched our Engineering blog! Click here
to learn about our engineering goals, our projects and innovations, and our falling forward and growth mindset mentality at Course Hero.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact!
- Design, implement, test, and maintain Course Hero’s platform components in the context of a multi-tier, scalable, high-volume, and reliable distributed systems that perform 24x7
- Take complete technical ownership of one or more closely related parts of the platform, and deliver tangible results with speed and quality
- Design and implement automated tests and new test frameworks when necessary
- Keep the platform running - troubleshoot and fix production issues, do root cause analysis, and take corrective actions
- Excited by the challenge of improving resiliency and uptime
- Consistently improve maintainability and stability of the codebase
- Learn and grow – expand your skills and responsibilities
Are you our next Senior Software Engineer, Back-End?
- You have a solid understanding of object-oriented and functional programming
- Hands-on experience with developing and maintaining distributed systems
- Modern engineering languages (Python, Go), microservices SOA architecture
- Working knowledge of modern operating systems and networking
- Proven skills in performance monitoring and scalability analysis
- Ability to quickly understand technical and business requirements and be able to translate into technical design and implementation
- Engineering degree in Computer Science or similar technical discipline
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud technologies like AWS, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary & annual bonus
- Health insurance
- Life & accidental insurance
- Tax saving benefits (Sodexo or Paytm Meal Passes, National Pension Scheme, etc)
- Learning & development reimbursement
- Privilege leaves, casual leaves, menstrual leave (for women), & compassionate leaves, Covid leaves, & marriage leaves
- Parental leave
- Company holidays
- Flexible remote work or in-office work (up to you!)
- Workstation & IT asset stipend
- Internet bill reimbursement
- Team outings
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion within our company. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.
About Course Hero:
Course Hero is on a mission to help students graduate, confident and prepared. The online learning platform offers over 60 million course-specific study resources created by and for students and educators, as well as 24/7 tutor help. More than 65,000 verified college educators use Course Hero to collaborate with other faculty and share resources to hone new strategies for instruction. Everyday, students, educators and tutors help more than 20 million students make every study hour count.
We have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty, and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
Join us on our mission!