When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global education space. For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Over 16,000 academic institutions, publishers, and corporations use our services: Gradescope by Turnitin, iThenticate, Turnitin Feedback Studio, Turnitin Originality, Turnitin Similarity, ExamSoft, Ouriginal and ProctorExam.
Turnitin has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia, Germany, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Sweden, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Our diverse community of colleagues are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in education. Come join us, and let's make change together.
We are looking for a technology leader with server and software administration experience to join the Infrastructure Engineering team. In this role, you will be responsible for day to day operational support of production infrastructure within Turnitin’s data centers and cloud environments.
- Ensure operational excellence of infrastructure within our physical production facilities.
- Partner with IT leaders and fellow engineers to contribute to the development of both short and long-term technology solutions across physical data centers and cloud.
- Perform as a contributor in an engineering team that builds and supports the underlying infrastructure for customer-facing products.
- Diagnose and fix existing systems and operational issues.
- Produce technical documentation for systems and maintain a team culture of making documentation a priority.
- Perform impact assessment of infrastructure (hardware, software) upgrades, patching, migration, and hot fixes
- Oversee the development and installation of new hardware and software
- Develop and maintain infrastructure monitoring, capacity management, alerting, tooling instrumentation, and metrics (KPI) management.
- Troubleshoot, repair, modify, and enhance automation equipment and systems.
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Demonstrable experience collaborating with engineering teams to ensure successful upgrade, installation, or integration activities.
- Demonstrable experience in managing multiple projects or assignments simultaneously.
- Expertise of emerging server and data center technologies and architectures.
- 7+ years of experience supporting technology infrastructure including servers, networks, and storage systems.
- 7+ years of experience deploying, supporting, and troubleshooting VMWare clusters in a high availability configuration.
- Well-versed at managing Linux server environments.
- Proficient in networking (TCP/IP fundamentals, troubleshooting, routed protocols, etc.)
- Comfortable using DevOps workflows, including Git, CI/CD, and related technologies
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Puppet, Ansible or equivalent.
Desirable Skills, Knowledge And Experience:
- Professional level certifications in related technologies (e.g. RHCE, MCSE, CCNA, VCP, VCAP)
- Familiarity with working in data center environments, and remotely supporting data center operations.
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Bash, Python, etc.
- Knowledge of AWS, Kubernetes, Splunk, SAN, F5
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
- Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
- Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
- Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
- One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
- Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
- Flexible/hybrid working
- Remote First Culture
- Health Care Coverage*
- Tuition Reimbursement*
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- 4 Self-Care Days per year
- National Holidays*
- 2 Founder Days + Juneteenth Observed
- Paid Volunteer Time*
- Charitable contribution match*
- Monthly Wellness Reimbursement/Home Office Equipment*
- Access to Modern Health (mental health platform)
- Parental Leave*
- Retirement Plan with match/contribution*
* varies by country
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.