When you join Renaissance®, you join a global leader in pre-K–12 education technology. Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters—creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom.
Our fiercely passionate employees and educational partners have helped drive phenomenal student growth, with Renaissance solutions being used in over one-third of US schools and in more than 100 countries worldwide! Every day, we are connected to our mission by exemplifying our values: trust each other, win together, strive for the best, own our actions, and grow and evolve.
Our Senior UX Designer will collaborate with UX researchers, product owners, product managers, and engineers to design usable, accessible, and intuitive solutions. You will join an established team of UX designers, researchers, writers, and accessibility pros in delivering experiences that help educators see every student, and students achieve their goals. This important work brings our mission to accelerate learning to life by empathizing with the needs and behaviors of students and educators and innovating solutions for them through design.
In this role, the Senior UX Designer:
- Partners with design, engineering and product management team members in the execution and delivery of successful products and services, using a customer-focused, iterative design process.
- Contributes to planning and estimating work individually and for the team and participates in broader work stream coordination and expectation setting.
- Creates high-quality deliverables and executes based on UX goals and priorities without prescriptive guidance or direction, managing his/her own work to a larger schedule.
- Works with the UX researcher(s) to identify and recommend the best methods to answer product questions, creates prototypes and other artifacts to facilitate the research sessions, and iterates on designs based on research insights.
- Proactively leverages, fosters, and extends the use of established UX techniques, templates, presentations, and assets in the creation of UX analysis, solutions, and materials.
- Contributes to the adaptation of Renaissance UX tools, methodology, and software, and proposes new solutions or optimizes existing ones.
- Works collaboratively and communicates effectively with peers and managers.
For this Senior UX Designer role you should have:
- 5-7 years of experience designing interactive experiences from discovery to execution in a web-based software environment and the ability to share prior design work examples.
- A passion for solving complex problems for educators and students, and a knack for collaboration within and across teams.
- A degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Design, Information Architecture, Human Factors, Psychology, Cognitive Science, or related field, or equivalent project/portfolio experience.
- Strong expertise in common design software tools such as Figma (preferred) or Axure.
- Strong understanding of design research methods to uncover customer insights.
- Experience with resources such as component libraries, repositories, and internal communication tools.
- Experience in an Agile environment or juggling multiple projects, deadlines, teams and/or products.
Bonus Points For:
- Experience in EdTech or K-12 Education
- Fluency in other languages, especially Spanish
- Familiarity with front-end frameworks (Vue, React, etc.)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Salary Range: $99,000-125,000.
This range is based on national market data and may vary by experience and location.
- World Class Health Benefits: Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, Telehealth
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) with company match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time Off
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave (20 total weeks with 14 weeks paid) & Milk Stork program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Well-being and Employee Assistance Programs
Frequently cited statistics show that some women, underrepresented individuals, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities may only apply to roles if they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Renaissance, we encourage all applications! Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you may be just the person we need for the future!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Renaissance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with respect to any term, condition or privilege of employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, marital status, or status of an individual in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Renaissance also provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact Talent Acquisition
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.