, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We work with more than 2,500 institutions to drive transformative change through data-driven insights and best-in-class capabilities. From kindergarten to college to career, EAB partners with leaders and practitioners to accelerate progress and drive results across five major areas: enrollment, student success, institutional strategy, data & analytics, and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). We work with each partner differently, tailoring our portfolio of research, technology, and marketing and enrollment solutions to meet the unique needs of every leadership team, as well as the students and employees they serve.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner institutions but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their communities. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards
Seramount is a strategic professional services and research firm dedicated to enhancing high-performing, inclusive workplaces. With a history spanning over four decades, we've established a strong, data-driven understanding of the employee experience, forming the foundation of our approach. Partnering with over 450 companies, both large and small, Seramount offers pragmatic solutions including best practice research, workplace assessment, employee development, and talent sourcing. These offerings empower companies to navigate dynamic corporate landscapes and cultivate enduring, positive change within their organizations.
We excel in serving as our clients’ go to partner in developing and progressing their DEI strategies. Our business is in growth mode and offers the right person the opportunity to be part of a diverse, dynamic, creative, and highly skilled team partnering with leading companies to advance more inclusive corporate cultures.
At EAB Seramount, our people care about doing their best, and our collaborative environment is energizing and rewarding. You’ll be part of a work environment where your voice counts and even small ideas can lead to big opportunities.
The Role in Brief:
Coordinator, Event Programming
We are hiring a Coordinator to join the Seramount Marketing team, serving as administrative support and speaker management, reporting in to the Events team. The coordinator would also support and attend Seramount events onsite.
The Coordinator plays a key role in project management for Events. This role supports the Event Programming team and works closely with the Marketing team—managing the speaker application process and speaker database, creating event materials and managing speaker prep calls and onboarding paperwork.
This role will report to Seramount’s Associate Director of Programming.
This position may be based in Washington, D.C.; Richmond, VA; or remotely within the continental United States.
- Speaker Management
- Manage the Speaker Application process – from creation of a speaker proposal form to reporting and organization of the applications
- Confirmed Speaker support - create a template of confirmed speakers for events and follow-up for outstanding materials
- Coordinate all speaker prep calls
- Support speaker onboarding
- Track progress against goals
- General and Onsite Event Support
- Create event PowerPoint slides
- Update website and format items for the site
- Partner with Marketing to support their event needs
- Assist onsite in a speaker support role and a general event service capacity
- Support strategic projects to help improve current processes and add value to events
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university
- Proven track record of success working in Project Management or Events
- Comfortable with various platforms and technology
- Highly effective communications skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Detail-oriented with superb organizational skills
- Analytical thinking skills and ability to manage processes and projects
- Willingness to travel domestically up to 10%
- Commitment to valuing diversity, practicing inclusive behaviors, and contributing to an equitable working and continual learning environment in support of EAB’s DE&I Promise
- Expertise in problem solving and innovative thinking in a fast-paced environment
- Resilience and comfort with ambiguity; ability to be flexible and adaptable in a changing environment
- Experience with Cvent, Asana, Alchemer and PowerPoint
- Excellent writing and critical thinking skills
If you’ve reached this section of the job description and are unsure of whether to apply, please do! At EAB, we welcome diversity of background and experience. We would encourage you to submit an application if this is a role you would be passionate about doing every day.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
- Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and are committed to fostering a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.