New York Institute of Technology's six schools and colleges offer undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree programs in in-demand disciplines including computer science, data science, and cybersecurity; biology, health professions, and medicine; architecture and design; engineering; IT and digital technologies; management; and energy and sustainability. A nonprofit, independent, private, and nonsectarian institute of higher education founded in 1955, it welcomes nearly 8,000 students worldwide.
The university has campuses in New York City and Long Island, New York; Jonesboro, Arkansas; and Vancouver, British Columbia, as well as programs around the world. Nearly 110,000 alumni are part of an engaged network of physicians, architects, scientists, engineers, business leaders, digital artists, and healthcare professionals. Together, the university’s community of doers, makers, healers, and innovators empowers graduates to change the world, solve 21st-century challenges, and reinvent the future.
New York Institute of Technology is seeking an early career application developer to support New York Tech's IT Service Management (ITSM) initiative through the administration of its ServiceNow platform. Under the supervision of the Director of Client Services and Engagement, the ServiceNow Application Developer will be part of a team that is responsible improving service delivery and collaboration. The incumbent in this position will be expected to use the ITIL framework to provide technical assistance, workflow development, software configuration, and web service integrations.
- Design and develop solutions in ServiceNow, including forms, workflows, business rules, interfaces, and custom code.
- Configure and improve the core application, including, but not limited to, Service Catalog, Service Portal, Incidents, Change, Knowledge Base, Service Requests, Facilities, and Reporting.
- Establish and interact with crucial process applications, including Service Portal, Knowledge Base, and Service Catalog; use Service Catalog to create requests, items, and record producers, variables, and workflows with automated approvals.
- Build, design, and implement new functionality, applications, and modules for ServiceNow.
- Support existing integration solutions and implement new integration solutions with other ITS-supported products.
- Produce, analyze, and create reports for statistics and service/support performance metrics.
- Manage platform upgrades; provides status reports to respective project managers; documents functional business requirements, process flow diagrams, and business cases.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems, and recommend service improvements; conduct root cause analysis on persistent or major application related problems; and work with the vendor for any issues regarding infrastructure performance.
- Consult and partner with stakeholders; document and understand business activities, patterns, and requirements to create/implement ITSM processes, policies, procedures, and solutions per best practices; develop and maintain up-to-date technical, administration, and user documentation for ServiceNow.
- Consult and collaborate with other IT staff concerning system capabilities and technology; train the ITS department and key stakeholders on ITSM and ServiceNow operations and modules to ensure effective use of the ITSM (ServiceNow) application; suggest and develop ways to enhance or improve existing applications.
- Maintain a working knowledge of new integrations, advancements, and current industry trends to provide technology leadership within ITSM and ServiceNow. Participate in formal training and certifications to keep skills up to date.
- Assure all developed solutions meet accessibility standards and are Section 508 compliant.
- Provide excellent customer service to all members of the NYIT community via a variety of support methods (in-person, telephone, online and written communication) to achieve exceptional client satisfaction; on-call support for project and production environments.
- Other duties as needed by the department and defined by the supervisor.
- BS in information management, computer science, engineering or related discipline and a minimum of two (2) years recent programming and systems analysis experience is required. Experience with the ServiceNow platform will be given strong preference. An equivalent combination of related education and work experience in a relevant field discipline will be considered.
- Experience with ServiceNow workflow, server scripting, client scripting, flow designer, ACLs and reports.
- Knowledge of ITIL framework and IT Service Management.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies and programming tools.
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of software development life cycle and quality control practices including secure code development/control, versioning, and data security best practices for balancing availability with security concerns.
- Eagerness to learn new technologies; strong analytical and troubleshooting skills; ability to keep deadlines and successful delivery.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to communicate effectively with people at varying levels of digital and data fluency, and the ability to establish collaborative working relationships at all contact levels of the University is required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; ability to set priorities and work concurrently on multiple tasks and projects; ability to communicate progress/problems to appropriate personnel effectively.
- Demonstrated passion for problem solving; proven ability to build trust and work well with all levels of management and technical staff.
- Team player with excellent consulting skills and a fun, but professional presence required.
- Excellent customer service skills and a high degree of integrity relative to computer/data security and confidentiality of information required.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with students, faculty, and staff from a variety of diverse backgrounds in support of a welcoming and inclusive environment.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays on an as-needed basis is required.
This position is based out of our offices located in Old Westbury NY. Hybrid/remote work in accordance with New York Tech policy is also available.
New York Institute of Technology offers numerous opportunities to enhance personal and professional growth and provides employees with a competitive compensation and benefits program inclusive of generous paid time off, holidays, tuition remission, and retirement plans with employer contributions.
New York Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
The health and safety of our community is the highest priority. As such, New York Institute of Technology is requiring all newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated with an FDA authorized and/or approved COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment. Requests for reasonable accommodations for medical or religious reasons will be reviewed and considered in accordance with applicable law.
In compliance with local legislation as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, the annual base salary range for this position is listed. New York Tech considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate experience/expertise, education/training, key skills, geographic location, internal peer equity as well as market, organizational considerations and/or applicable collective bargaining agreement when extending an offer.