IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by 13 million students worldwide, is seeking an experienced, passionate educator to join our team as a Social Studies Curriculum Designer and help shape our exceptional elementary and middle school content.
As a social studies curriculum designer at IXL, you'll collaborate with engineers and illustrators to create engaging online social studies content. You'll be involved in all aspects of the development cycle, including conceptualization, design, testing, and support. Your strong writing skills, educational insights, creative problem solving, and commitment to quality will make personalized learning a reality for millions of students.
This is a full-time position in our Raleigh, NC office with a hybrid work schedule.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Design and write clear, engaging, and interactive social studies questions covering topics such as U.S. history, world history, economics, geography, culture, and government
- Write helpful, age-appropriate explanations of social studies topics
- Collaborate with content writers, illustrators, engineers, and company leaders to plan and develop high quality content
- Research educational standards to ensure content meets learning objectives for grades 2-8
- Research social studies topics and fact-check IXL content to ensure it is historically accurate
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD in U.S. History, World History, Geography, Sociology, Anthropology, Political Science, or another social science field
- K-12 social studies teaching experience
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical-reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Highly self-motivated with superb attention to detail
- Can-do attitude with an openness to others' ideas
- Experience in curriculum development and instructional design is a plus
- Knowledge of computer programming, mobile, and web technologies is a plus
At IXL, we value diversity in age, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, political and religious beliefs, and life experience, and we are proud to promote a work environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work. IXL Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ABOUT IXL LEARNING
IXL Learning is a leading educational technology company on a big mission: creating innovative learning experiences that help all learners reach their full potential. IXL's comprehensive curriculum and insightful analytics help more than 900,000 teachers deliver personalized instruction, and empower over 14 million students to achieve new learning milestones every day.