IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by 14 million students worldwide, is seeking an experienced, passionate educator to join our team as a Social Studies Curriculum Designer and help shape our exceptional elementary and middle school content.
As a social studies curriculum designer at IXL, you'll collaborate with engineers and illustrators to create engaging online social studies content. You'll be involved in all aspects of the development cycle, including conceptualization, design, testing, and support. Your strong writing skills, educational insights, creative problem solving, and commitment to quality will make personalized learning a reality for millions of students.
This is a full time position with a hybrid schedule of 3+ days per week in our Raleigh, NC office.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Design and write clear, engaging, and interactive social studies questions covering topics such as U.S. history, world history, economics, geography, culture, and government
- Write helpful, age-appropriate explanations of social studies topics
- Collaborate with content writers, illustrators, engineers, and company leaders to plan and develop high quality content
- Research educational standards to ensure content meets learning objectives for grades 2-8
- Research social studies topics and fact-check IXL content to ensure it is historically accurate
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- PhD in U.S. History, World History, Geography, Sociology, Anthropology, Political Science, or another social science field required
- K-12 social studies teaching experience
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical-reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Highly self-motivated with superb attention to detail
- Can-do attitude with an openness to others' ideas
- Experience in curriculum development and instructional design is a plus
- Knowledge of computer programming, mobile, and web technologies is a plus
ABOUT IXL LEARNING
IXL Learning is the country's largest edtech company. We reach millions of learners through our diverse range of products. For example:
- 1 in 4 students in the United States uses IXL.com
- Rosetta Stone provides an immersive learning experience for 25 languages
- Wyzant is the nation's largest community of tutors, covering 300+ subjects
- Teachers Pay Teachers (TPT) is a comprehensive marketplace for millions of educator-created resources
Our mission is to create innovative products that will make a real, positive difference for learners and educators and we're looking for passionate, mission-minded people to join us in achieving this goal. We have a unique culture at IXL that fosters collaboration and the open exchange of ideas. We value our team and treat one another with kindness and respect. We approach our work with passion, tenacity, and authenticity. We find it immensely satisfying to develop products that impact the lives of millions and we are eager to have you join our team.
At IXL, we value diversity in age, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, political and religious beliefs, and life experience, and we are proud to promote a work environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work. IXL Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer.