Over 20 years ago, Stride was founded to provide personalized learning — powered by technology. We reached students where they were in their own journeys. We knocked down their barriers to great education. And we gave every learner equal opportunity to succeed — however they defined success. Stride innovated the learning experience with online and blended learning that prepared them for their lives ahead.
Stride is a community of passionate leaders. Whether teachers, engineers, curriculum writers, or financial managers — whatever your expertise or role, we all work to empower futures through learning. And changing the trajectory of learning itself is one of our greatest missions. Join us in developing more effective ways to learn and helping learners build the skills and confidence they need to make their way forward in life.
The Customizations Writer, Social Studies, is responsible for writing and revising activities and assessments, both for online and printed curriculum, for multiple social studies subjects in Grades K-12. This writer must possess a deep knowledge of Grades 6-12 social studies curriculum, and must be experienced in instructional and assessment writing. Writer will work directly in online platforms in a fast-paced environment. Writer will need to adhere to house style guidelines, including accessibility guidelines. This position is project-based, and the customizations writer will follow the instructional design guidelines and requirements put forth by the Stride custom curriculum team. All content produced will be original.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Author and revise course content including core course instruction, assessments, multimedia, and/or practice games;
- Use Stride authoring tools and processes as well as adhere to the instructional design guidelines set forth by the Stride team;
- Accept and incorporate feedback to produce the strongest end product;
- Provide accurate updates to project management regarding project status;
- Communicate availability and strive to maintain a consistent time commitment.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Three (3) years instructional or curriculum experience.
Certificates and Licenses: None required.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Strong technology skills, use of media and instructional design techniques
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including good interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with creativity, independence and high standards
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on large-scale projects and adapt to new environments and meet new challenges head on
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc.); Web proficiency.
- Ability to clear required background check
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Education, Curriculum Design, or Instruction
- Instructional design and/or curriculum development experience
- Subject matter knowledge in multiple content areas
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is virtual and open to residents of the 50 states and Washington, D.C.
Compensation & Benefits: Stride, Inc. considers a person’s education, experience, and qualifications, as well as the position’s work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value when determining a new employee’s salary level. Salaries will differ based on these factors, the position’s level and expected contribution, and the employee’s benefits elections.
- We anticipate this position will pay between $24.57 to $40.24 per hour. This is a temporary/contractor role and you will be an employee of Randstad. The upper end of this range is not likely to be offered, as an individual’s compensation can vary based on several factors. These factors include, but are not limited to, geographic location, experience, training, education, and local market conditions. Randstad offers a robust benefits package for eligible employees that can include health benefits, retirement contributions, and paid time off.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)