Wolfram, creator of Mathematica, Wolfram|Alpha and Wolfram Language, is seeking a skilled Software and Database Developer to join its Database Frameworks team. The company is looking for an energetic, motivated individual to maintain, enhance and optimize the software used by Content Developers to populate, query and compute from the Wolfram|Alpha databases. We are looking for a candidate who can work independently and collaboratively, has strong programming and algorithm skills and can help us improve the Wolfram|Alpha website and Wolfram Language knowledge experiences.
- Maintaining and optimizing the database query and population frameworks
- Implementing new query features requested by Content Developers
- Providing data modeling and schema design advice to Content Developers
- Java experience
- MySQL experience
- Wolfram Language/Mathematica experience is a plus
- Ability to write well-designed and efficient code using best practices
- Knowledge representation experience, including ontology construction
- Ability to multitask
Location: Champaign, Illinois
Wolfram is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at its company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.