ABOUT THIS POSITION
Aceable is looking for a collaborative Software Engineer to join us in developing the next generation of our React + Redux Toolkit + NodeJS learning app for real estate, driving, and health care certification. Be a part of a team dedicated to the student learning, who love creating great user experiences and building self-service solutions.
Our ideal Software Engineer loves to collaborate and be communicative; actively listening to a problem, identifying solutions as a group, and exhibiting a sense of ownership when delivering the final solution. At Aceable, we encourage every team member to search out the edge cases and solve not just the initial problem, but guarantee a robust solution that fits with the whole application.
You’ll initially focus around front-end React learning app work with opportunities to work in NodeJS APIs and MongoDB databases as you build business knowledge.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build new experiences in React/Redux that improve learning through creative web-based interactions, optimized for mobile browsers
- Help build out our UI component library developed with Storybook and Figma
- Collaborate with your teammates to deliver a well-documented and unit tested experience for our Designers, QA, Android, iOS, and Web developers
- Connect to our NodeJS Express API that delivers content to our client apps, building asynchronous functions that can scale to high volumes
- Ideate with product owners and architects on large scale ideas
- Work with other web app and mobile developers to maintain a consistent and healthy codebase methodology across our applications
- Mentor for teammates, working with them to make key architecture decisions to ensure the app runs as smooth as possible
- Ensure best practices for a progressive web app with an accessibility focus
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- A positive and collaborative, team-based mindset
- A desire to work in React + Redux Toolkit + NodeJS + Sass
- 4+ years of coding in a work environment (excluding incubators and hobby projects)
- Experience building responsive, component first designs
- Some knowledge of NodeJS APIs
- Some experience working with databases
- Experience with scrum sprints
- Practice using Flux patterns like Redux, Mobx, or Vuex
- Experience with Observeables and RXJS
- Practice deploying with GitHub Actions, Heroku, or AWS pipelines
- Specific experience with MongoDB
- Specific experience with NodeJS Express
- Knowledge of performance scaling and debug logging
Aceable is a mobile education platform designed to create affordable, engaging, and convenient online courses available across mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, our team is obsessed with helping people reach their life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching our first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and most recently entered into healthcare education. Aceable serves hundreds of thousands of students per month, but we need your help to tackle our vision of serving millions of students per month!
Aceable has been awarded as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin for multiple years running by numerous entities, such as the Austin Business Journal, BuiltInAustin, and EqualOcean. We actively work to foster a creative, collaborative, and diverse culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student-lives as possible.
ABOUT THE ENGINEERING TEAM
The Aceable Engineering Team cares heavily about the welfare of our peers, the quality of our product, and our student’s experience. We come from a variety of backgrounds, thrive on collaboration and respect, and work with each other daily to do our best work. We ask the same of any new hire and are excited to see what creative ideas, viewpoints, and processes each new engineer brings to the team.
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2022
- Competitive total rewards (base salary + bonus/stock options, if applicable)
- 401k match
- Robust medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Generous paid time off programs + 19 paid holidays per year
- Flexible work schedule
- Wellness programs
- Free access to LinkedIn Learning
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown Austin building with free parking
- Weekly lunch, a fully stocked fridge, and plentiful snacks
- Company events and activities (holiday events, happy hours, volunteering)
- #PursueGrowth Reimbursement ($500 per year for full-time employees)
- Free Roadside Assistance subscription
- Passionate teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- NOTE: Our team is currently working in a hybrid work environment with flexibility to work in office or remote based on role/department
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status. Even if you don't think you meet every qualification listed, we'd love to review your application!
Aceable is able to hire in the following states: California, Colorado, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Jersey, North Carolina, Texas, Utah, and Washington
Salary Range for this position is $115,000 to $130,000 a year