Remote – US
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com
The Solution Engineers in our North American Higher Education sales team are industry, pedagogical, administrative, technical, and functional experts with a deep understanding of technology use in education including policies, processes, and methods for implementation, focused across all our products and solutions in the Higher Education client base.
Solution Engineers work with sales leadership and Regional Sales Managers as strategic partners in crafting the solution and the vision of the solution with the client to ensure success in the sales cycle. Furthermore, Solutions Engineers support sales opportunities, business development initiatives, marketing efforts, thorough discovery processes, and development projects defined as strategic by Executive Sales Leadership. Our Solutions Engineers must also be able to work with the largest, most strategic sales accounts (system level deals, large dollar value deals, complex deals requiring specific project management duties).
As Solutions Engineer, you should have a clear understanding of solutions selling principles, higher education implementation strategies, centralized and decentralized IT governance structures, institutional strategic planning, and institutional accreditation processes. Additionally, you will be comfortable discussing organizational goals as they relate to the enterprise deployment of academic and administrative technologies with both standard decision makers (IT staff, faculty, administration) and C-level decision makers (CIO, Provost, Superintendents, Presidents).
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Serving as a presales expert in our solutions including their architecture, functionality, industry application, and deployment methodologies in the Higher Education space
- Leading thorough discovery discussions with clients to understand both overt and latent pains
- Crafting alignment between the needs of a broad range of client constituents (senior administrative staff, students, system administrators, faculty, instructional designers, institutional research, information technology etc.) and the solutions we offer
- Understanding and being able to effectively communicate the full range of products and services we offer including:
- Learning systems
- Institutional data solutions
- Mobile solutions
- Digital content
- Communication systems (virtual classrooms, notification systems etc.)
- The associated services required for the successful implementation and adoption of the solutions outlined above
- Understanding the larger company organization and when to bring appropriate resources into the presales process
- Participating in sales meetings with customers and prospects, presenting the technical, pedagogical, and administrative aspects of how our products, services and/or solutions solve specific customer problems
- Developing and delivering custom presentations to key decision-makers to address their business issues and needs
- Expertly leading conversations regarding the value of our solutions in high stakes environments
- Maintaining Industry, Regulatory, Trends, and Competitive insight to bolster your reputation as a well informed and trusted advisor
- Delivering exemplary presentations at trade shows, conferences, workshops, webinars, and internal company meetings
- Demonstrating the ability to deliver the technical features, competitive advantages, and business benefits of our technology
- Setting up product presentations and evaluation environments and overseeing evaluation process
- This role requires approximately 40% - 50% travel
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree preferred in information technology management, instructional technology, or other education-related field
- At least 3 years of experience, preferably in a technology focused position within a higher education institution
- Experience working in a higher education sector, preferably in e-learning, instructional design or instructional technology management, institutional research, or media services
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- An understanding of the application of instructional and administrative technologies to varied teaching and learning environments, especially for institutional assessment or continuous improvement
- An understanding of the enterprise architecture, technical infrastructure, and deployment methodologies for academic and administrative platforms
- Proven ability to craft a solution and develop proposals and RFP responses with appropriate products and services based on client discussions
- Proven ability to engage effectively at the executive-level
- Ability to create and maintain strong client relationships utilizing interpersonal skills and a friendly, professional demeanor
- Excellent presentation skills with a desire to constantly improve
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Experience tracking client information in CRM solution
- Salesforce.com experience
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
This position is not available for candidates residing in the following locations: CO, CA, WA, NYC