Who we are:
MasterClass is the streaming platform where the world’s best come together so anyone, anywhere, can access and be inspired by their knowledge and stories. We put you in the room with the creators, thinkers, makers and leaders who have changed the world, so that you can change yours.
Members get unprecedented access to 150+ instructors and classes across a wide variety of fields, including Arts & Entertainment, Business, Design & Style, Sports & Gaming, Writing and more. Step into Nas’ recording studio and Gordon Ramsay’s kitchen, and go behind the big screen with James Cameron. Design your career with Elaine Welteroth, get ready to win with Lewis Hamilton, perfect your pitch with Shonda Rhimes and discover your inner negotiator with Chris Voss.
It's a pivotal time for MasterClass – we're scaling and growing, fast. With a HQ in San Francisco and future offices in Los Angeles and Waterloo, Ontario, we are looking to expand our team to support the business.
If you want to help make an impact on our members' lives – we want to hear from you!
What we are looking for:
- Seasoned design executive with proven track record of delivering world class designs for online consumer experiences.
- Portfolio of world class quality design achievements as an individual, manager, and executive
- Proven ability to rapidly scale a design org with eye on attracting high quality new design talent and upleveling or transitioning existing talent. Created and led teams with 10-30 design staff.
- Ability to implement and improve the design creation and approval processes to deliver velocity and quality in partnership with product and engineering leaders.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Lead all aspects of the user experience design organization. This includes visual and interaction design, user research, design systems, and operations
- Raise the design quality of the masterclass web and app experiences to be on par with our premium brand and other premium user experiences in the industry
- Align our user experience with both our research-based user insights and our world class brand identity.
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Be in the San Francisco office 2-3 days per month
- Experience in consumer design, experience in commerce, subscriptions, growth, and/or education is a plus
$200,000 - $315,000
The salary range above is for NYC/CA/WA. As a company, we have a location based strategy, which means the disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for any applicable geographic differential associated with the location where the position may be filled.
MasterClass’s salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry. In addition to salary, we also offer equity and comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, flexible PTO, and more). The range above is for the expectations as laid out in the job description, however we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate.
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you. #LI-EC1