Does improving the future of education (and doing some learning of your own) sound good? If so, you’re in the right place!
With over 200 talented employees (which could include you), the most innovative technology in the industry, and healthy funding - we’re ready to continue growing! Join us, grow your career, and help improve educational opportunities and academic integrity for millions.
We are a growing, remote-team, looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our efforts in building our core products. This individual will love working with people and influencing team’s decisions. This is a great opportunity for someone with SaaS experience in improving existing systems to better support future work, and driving process improvements that increase a team’s confidence in delivering changes quickly and often.
Our Tech Stack includes:
- Laravel PHP
...and we’re open to investigating other technologies that add value to our solution.
What You Will Do:
You will work with other highly competent engineers to architect, build, and turn out key components of our product suite that bring direct value to our customers and high scalability and efficiency for our operational teams.
This position is part of an Agile Scrum team and will perform work in accordance with the Sprint schedule and cadence.
Where You Fit In:
- Build, optimize, and maintain the application’s full stack geared towards your interests
- Focus on continuous improvement of product and processes
- Craft elegant solutions to technical challenges quickly and effectively
- Consider current state and recognize if it supports known future requests
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to support internal and external users
- Identify short-comings and work with team members to provide estimates to set about rebuilding or stabilizing the foundation to move forward
Experience You Bring to the Table:
- Demonstrated ability to develop, scale, and maintain SaaS applications end-to-end
- Passionate about product development and user experience, and are eager to continue to learn
- Experience writing APIs and documentation
- Excellent communication skills with a desire to work in an open and team-oriented environment
- Ability to take on complex problems, learn quickly, and persist towards a good solution
- Experience with software feature testing and unit testing
- 5+ years of professional software development experience in a SaaS environment
- 2+ years of recent, continuous experience with Laravel development or similar MVC framework
- Huge plus: Has working experience with AWS, Containerization, DevOps or CI/CD automation
If you meet some, but not all of these requirements, we still encourage you to apply!
- We Offer Unlimited PTO!
- We Work Remotely!
- We have Amazing Health Benefits! (US/Canada)
- You get a Paid Wellness Day off every month!
- Choice of Hardware (MAC or PC)
- An Awesome Culture!