At McGraw-Hill we create best-in-class, next-generation learning platforms that are used by millions of students and educators worldwide from kindergarten through graduate school. Our goal is to accelerate student success through intuitive and effective learning tools and content that maximize a teacher’s time and a student’s learning experience. We do all of this in a supportive, collaborative environment where you can grow your career in a way that fits into your life.
We are looking for a Sr. Technical Product Manager to advance learning outcomes for students and teachers by delivering market-leading McGraw-Hill content and learning tools wherever learning is happening. You will do this by finding and delivering on opportunities to integrate our platforms with 3rd party learning platforms where it matters most. You will create seamless experiences and create a unified and scalable integrations platform that makes it easy for McGraw-Hill to meet students and teachers where interact.
How can you make an Impact?
As a Product Manager at McGraw-Hill you will have a passionate interest and exceptional abilities in the envisioning, discovery, design, and development of engaging experiences for Students, Teachers, and Administrators. You will operate in an environment that requires excellent problem-solving skills and exceptional team collaboration, facilitation, and communication skills. You will individually focus on applying creative and analytical approaches to any challenge, leveraging both your team’s input and that of the user. You will be in constant collaboration with UX and Engineering.
What will you do?
- Engage customers directly to identify and understand their problems and needs
- Partner with UX to explore and choose the designs of your product
- Collaborate with Engineering to plan, build, and test your product
- Work together with Sales to enable them to effectively sell your product
- Participate with support teams to support your product
- Interact with Marketing to position your product
- Work with Senior Leadership to align your product vision and strategy to company objectives
- Get your hands dirty – doing any job on the team necessary to build and ship a robust and successful product
- Lead and mentor your team and other product managers formally or informally
What can you bring to the role?
- Passion for product, technology, business, and user experience
- Ability to construct the opinion and vision for the overall product direction
- Through interacting with the end users, discover opportunities to enhance the product features and offering
- Gain understanding of the user experiences to enhance administration of the integration process with the LMS
- Technical prowess – you don’t need to code, but you shouldn’t be afraid of diving into technical issues
- Leadership skills – ability to influence and inspire your team
- Strong ability to build a product vision and communicate that vision to your team, peers, and stakeholders
- Experience articulating objectives and measuring your success
- An appreciation and passion for well-designed solutions
- Communication skills to clearly articulate and evangelize decisions
- Self-motivation and a strong desire to make an impact at McGraw-Hill
- Critical feedback skills (giving/receiving) that help level up solutions
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to travel to meet your coworkers a few times a year
- Previous experience in software engineering, product design, or software support
- Experience working in an Agile and/or Lean development environment
- LMS (Canvas, Schoology, Blackboard, Google Classroom) and IMS standards experience (LTI)
- Educational industry experience: EdTech, Instructor, Administrator
- Experience managing direct reports
Why work for us?
At McGraw Hill, you will be empowered to make a real impact on a global scale. Every day your individual efforts contribute to the lives of millions. As an education innovation company, we’re proud to play a part by inspiring learners around the world. If you bring your curiosity, we’ll help you grow in a collaborative environment where everyone shares a passion for success.
Are you ready for a new challenge? Apply for a career at McGraw Hill and together, we’ll impact the world.
The pay range for this position is between $125,000 - $150,000 annually, however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience and location. An annual bonus plan may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical and/or other benefits, depending on the position offered. Click here
to learn more about our benefit offerings.