Articulate is the leading SaaS provider of online training solutions for the new world of work. Our industry-leading software and services make it simple for enterprises and SMBs to develop, deliver, and analyze online training that’s engaging and effective.
As the Staff Designer, Design Systems, you will play a pivotal role in shaping our product's visual identity and user experience. You will be the in-house expert playing a critical role in building, refining, and managing our design systems, and helping to ensure consistency and efficiency in our design processes. You will collaborate closely with design, product, and engineering to define patterns, components, and guidelines that align with our brand and experience standards. Your deep expertise in Figma and comprehensive understanding of design principles will be vital to maintain high-quality implementation across our platform of products.
Our ideal candidate will be a thoughtful proponent of design thinking, strategically oriented, familiar with modern design tools, deeply experienced in Figma, and will possess a keen design eye to ensure quality and consistency for our products and brand. You lead by example, get excited about sharing new ways of working and building new processes with a team, and value collaboration with other designers, product managers, and engineers. You’re passionate about building a unified product + brand experience for customers as well as fostering a creative culture of collaboration, positivity, and growth.
What you'll do
Develop and Enhance Design Systems:
- Lead the creation and continuous improvement of our design systems inside of Figma, establishing guidelines, components, patterns, and iconography that reflect our experience goals and brand.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including product managers, engineers, and product designers to shape product requirements and incorporate them into our design systems.
- Work on design systems across our platform of products and provide guidance to support brand design system work streams.
Maintain Design System Consistency:
- Implement an efficient versioning and documentation process to ensure design system components are easily accessible, up-to-date, and consistent across the entire organization.
- Proactively identify and resolve inconsistencies in design systems to maintain a unified experience.
Champion Best Practices:
- Be an advocate for design excellence and best practices within the company.
- Mentor and collaborate with other designers to elevate their skills and encourage adherence to design system guidelines.
Drive Awareness & Innovation:
- Keep abreast of industry trends, emerging technologies, and advancements in design tools, incorporating relevant improvements into our work to stay at the forefront of design innovation.
- Identify opportunities for innovation and create alignment among teams, find moments of delight in which we can create/systematize better user engagement.
Collaborate with the Holistic Design Team:
- Collaborate with other members of the design team in product and brand to maintain a cohesive visual language and ensure that design system components align with broader design efforts and customer experience funnel.
- Provide guidance to evolve the overall digital system of the core consumer experience.
- Proactively help shape our processes and approach to good design while fostering a culture of collaboration, feedback, and openness while partnering with various teams to bring great work to life.
What you should have
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, or related field (or equivalent practical experience)
- Proven track record of at least 10-12+ years as a Product Designer or Interaction Designer, with a focus on design systems
- Deep proficiency in Figma with a strong understanding of its advanced features and collaboration capabilities
- Exceptional visual and UI design skills, with a portfolio demonstrating your ability to create cohesive design systems and high-quality user interfaces
- Thorough knowledge of design principles, typography, color theory, and layout.
- Strong understanding of user-centered design principles and user experience best practices
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to articulate design decisions and provide constructive feedback
- Strategically minded individual who seeks new opportunities to make impact.
- Passionate about end-to-end customer experience holistic of brand and product
- A compassionate doer who seeks to improve our processes and regularly works to identify areas to maximize team efficiency
- Great team player, highly self-motivated. Ability to collaborate closely with copywriters, product designers, and engineers
- You are resilient, reliable, and optimistic
Nice to Haves
- Experience working in a SaaS or technology-driven company
- Previous experience leading or mentoring other designers
- Knowledge of front-end development
The pay range for this position is $178,900 to $268,300 for all US locations. Articulate takes into consideration a wide range of factors that are utilized in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, qualifications and education, and other business and organizational needs. This position is also bonus eligible. Articulate also offers a robust suite of benefits, check out the website
for a full list.
Articulate Global, LLC, is the leading SaaS provider of creator platforms for online workplace training. Founded by Adam Schwartz in 2002, Articulate provides creator tools and services that make it simple for enterprises and SMBs to develop, deliver, and analyze online workplace training that’s engaging and effective.
Increasingly, organizations must reskill employees for ever-changing remote and hybrid work environments, create learning cultures that attract and retain employees in a tight labor market, and use training to build more equitable, empowering, and engaging workplaces. Articulate helps organizations address these critical business needs with its creator platform for workplace training. Articulate 360—a suite of creator tools for online courses—was named the 7th most-loved product in the world by TrustRadius in 2021. And Rise
—an all-in-one online training system that makes online training easy to create, enjoyable to take, and simple to manage—is the first creator platform for SMBs and departments within the enterprise. Articulate has more than 118,000 customers in 170 countries and counts all 100 of the Fortune 100 companies as customers.
Named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces 2022 and a leader in building a human-centered organization
, Articulate is guided by a commitment to provide the best value to customers, do right by employees, and create an equitable, empowering workplace for all. As a human-centered organization, we honor people’s humanity knowing that each person’s unique history, vulnerabilities, and social location inform how we show up with one another. We embrace our connectedness, aware that what we do and say impacts others. We give each other grace because we are all works in progress, learning and evolving every day. And we take responsibility for ourselves and are serious about our accountability to each other. In all we do, we strive to create an equitable, sustainable, and empowering workplace while we drive results for the business and make a positive impact in the world. Read more about our values here
Articulate welcomes different voices and viewpoints and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, native language, pregnancy status, physical size, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to voluntarily disclose their race and gender on our application form to help us create a diverse company. This voluntarily disclosed information will not be shared with any hiring manager and will be kept in confidence by the Articulate human resources department and executives who are not hiring for this position.
(For information about Articulate's privacy practices, please view our Privacy Notice)