For other positions, some roles may be based outside of our Denver office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 28 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
At Guild, we uphold our Core Values in everything we do. Our team emphasizes our Core Values in the following ways:
- Nurture A Learner’s Mindset - using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and development areas
- Build Shared Success - building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Be an Owner - holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Create Belonging - recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to our company
Guild is hiring a Staff Product Manager to join our Payments Infrastructure team.
Over the next three years, we are looking to expand our marketplace and our payments platform to be able to process billions of dollars in education payments for our employers, academic partners and students.
Play a key role in driving the evolution of the payments platform with focus on consolidation of multiple payment models, creating shared services for funding and billing ledger for use by internal and external partners as well as foundational investments for scale, audit and tax processing for millions of transactions a year.
As the Product Leader for the area, you will:
- Distill sophisticated technical issues to their crucial elements and communicate those elements as vital to non-technical audiences.
- Develop and implement plans in partnership with your engineering counterparts to migrate legacy infrastructure to new technology, while anticipating any risks and client impacts.
- Understand the needs of Guild’s product delivery teams and build a roadmap that enables them to move with higher quality and velocity, while ensuring cross team collaboration and communication
- Partner with our VP of Payments, SVP of Product, Finance team and senior leadership team to think big-picture and long-term about how our system will need to evolve in the coming years.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 7+ years of related experience in product management or a similar function developing and implementing technology systems and services
- 5+ years of experience with payments or financial and accounting systems. Experience with NetSuite and Stripe a plus
- An affinity for building comprehensive and ready for scale data infrastructure with a passion for modernizing data
- Ability to navigate multiple levels from understanding micro user stories to translating business requirements to producing synthesis product strategy, with a “no task is too small” mentality
- Structured and systems thinking and strong problem solving skills
- Helped fast-growth businesses' transition from v1 to v2
- Demonstrated capability of developing and evangelizing a shared vision across the organization, with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proven track record to manage sophisticated business problems across internal and external partners while meeting deadlines to ensure successful delivery
- A track record of working closely and effectively with engineering and business teams, establishing standard methodologies in areas such as scrum of scrums, functional requirements' gathering, and UAT.
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $180,000 - $221,250, as well as company stock options.
, we unlock the talent and economic potential of America’s workforce for employees and their companies. We partner with the nation’s largest employers—including Walmart, Chipotle, Discover, Hilton, Macy’s, Target, and The Walt Disney Company—to create cultures of opportunity that help them attract and retain top talent, while building the workforce of the future from within. By using our proprietary Career Opportunity Platform to develop education and learning programs that work in the real-world, thousands of employees at those companies have gained the skills, knowledge, and guidance they need to build a brighter future for themselves and their families—all without paying for tuition or career services on their own.
Guild is female-founded and a certified B Corp
. The company has been named to the TIME100 Most Influential Companies of 2022 list, CNBC Disruptor50 list three years in a row, Inc. Best Led Companies list, Fast Co. World Changing Ideas list and the B Lab Best for the World list among many others.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- Open vacation policy for employees to rest and recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 12 weeks of parental leave for non-birthing parents and 18-20 weeks for birthing parents; 4-week ramp-up period for when employees return from a leave of 6 weeks or more; as well as employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, fertility and caregiving benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including free and low cost mental health resources and financial wellbeing support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. As of February 1, 2022, we will be expanding our in-person vaccination requirement to include booster shots. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions fcan be requested for medical or religious reasons.