, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We work with more than 2,500 institutions to drive transformative change through data-driven insights and best-in-class capabilities. From kindergarten to college to career, EAB partners with leaders and practitioners to accelerate progress and drive results across five major areas: enrollment, student success, institutional strategy, data & analytics, and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I). We work with each partner differently, tailoring our portfolio of research, technology, and marketing and enrollment solutions to meet the unique needs of every leadership team, as well as the students and employees they serve.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner institutions but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their communities. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards
For more information, visit our careers
The Role in Brief:
Strategic Writer, Associate Director
The Strategic Writer develops winning content for Request for Proposal (RFP) responses as part of a multi-million dollar sales enablement team. Working with a variety of stakeholders across EAB, they use their creativity and problem-solving skills to identify how EAB’s products can satisfy RFP requirements, exceed customer needs, and provide greater value than the competition. Every RFP is a learning opportunity, and the Strategic Writer takes full advantage of this to develop subject matter expertise and serve as an advisor and strategist for the RFP team. The role demands intellectual curiosity, strong project management skills, self-accountability, and excellent writing skills.
This is the ideal position for a self-starter who is eager to make a highly visible impact on EAB’s commercial success in a high-stakes, fast paced role. The Strategic Writer role offers the right candidate a defined career path, a unique perspective on firm strategy, and the opportunity to build relationships with leaders across EAB’s commercial, product, and delivery teams, among others.
This role is based in Richmond, VA, Washington, D.C., or open to remote hires working within the continental U.S.
- Interpret RFPs to determine customer needs, then use creativity and problem-solving skills to identify how EAB products can meet those needs.
- Build responses using EAB’s RFP content library. When necessary, customize and develop new content as needed based on RFP requirements, win themes, customer background, competitive intelligence, market dynamics, and other factors.
- Work with sales, product, and marketing teams to develop original content to satisfy novel requirements and describe new product capabilities.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of EAB’s products, customers, markets, and competitors by reviewing internal documentation, attending trainings, meeting with subject matter experts, conducting original research, and other means.
- Manage an RFP queue with multiple competing deadlines and constantly produce high caliber work while working independently and autonomously.
- Identify and recommend ways to improve our RFP content, strategies, and processes.
- Use the RFP process to develop competitive intelligence and disseminate it to relevant teams at EAB.
- Serve as a consultant on RFP response best practice to commercial and account management teams.
- Provide other support to the RFP team and the broader strategy and operations team as necessary.
- 5+ years in a writing, marketing, or sales enablement role.
- Strong writing skills and comfort in a writing-intensive role.
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Expertise in MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with cloud-based content management platforms (Box, Dropbox, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required.
- Strategy: develops the right overall approach and executes it through each constituent piece of a project.
- Initiative: identifies problems, develops solutions, and delivers improvements without external prompting.
- Independence: operates effectively with little oversight while also seeking support when needed.
- Curiosity: possess a strong desire to learn and constantly deepen knowledge related to the role.
- Organization: deftly manages large volumes of information, deadlines, and resources.
- Speed: effectively prioritizes and delivers results efficiently without sacrificing quality.
- Resourceful: finds and creates solutions to overcome obstacles in the relentless pursuit of the right answer.
- Growth mindset: seeks out opportunities for coaching and actively applies feedback for continuous improvement.
- Adaptability: solves complex problems and successfully manages ambiguity and unexpected change.
- Collaboration: strives for personal achievement while also supporting team members and overall team success.
- Commitment to valuing diversity, practicing inclusive behaviors, and contributing to an equitable working and continual learning environment in support of EAB’s DE&I Promise
If you’ve reached this section of the job description and are unsure of whether to apply, please do! At EAB, we welcome diversity of background and experience. We would encourage you to submit an application if this is a role you would be passionate about doing every day.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
- Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and are committed to fostering a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.