At Pearson, our purpose is simple; to add life to a lifetime of learning. We envision a future where everyone can realize the life they imagine through learning. To achieve this, we create vibrant and enriching learning experiences designed for real-life impact.
For over 20 years, Pearson Virtual Schools has been reimagining K-12 education with full-time virtual schools for students who want a personalized, more flexible approach to learning. Our flagship products and services include Connections Academy, US-based online public charter schools; Pearson Online Academy, a global online private school; and Pearson Connexus, our comprehensive online school program for school districts nationwide.
The following description is intended to describe the general nature of the job that may include other duties as assumed or assigned; it is not intended to be all-inclusive or limit the duties of the position:
Working remotely from a home office, the Student Services Supervisor will report to the Manager of Student Services & Retention and work as part of the Enrollment and Customer Engagement team. The Student Services team serves as the primary support for continuing families attending a Connections Academy or Pearson Online Academy program. The team works closely and collaboratively with other teams to ensure that the family’s journey as a continuing student is supportive and that they receive a superior customer experience. Additionally, the Student Services team will be responsible for ensuring that the continuing student retention target is met.
The Student Services Supervisor will be responsible for supervising one of the Student Services support pods, made up of approximately 13 full-time and 10 temporary (seasonal) staff. As an experienced supervisor, a successful candidate is expected to have previous experience leading 1:1 meetings with staff where they provide performance-related information and coaching feedback. This position will ensure that members of the Student Services team are able to complete workflow tasks while implementing value-add opportunities at each interaction and milestone moments within the customer’s journey. In addition, a successful Student Services Supervisor is one with effective communication skills who can demonstrate strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Prepare and lead regular 1:1 meetings with members from the Student Services team where performance, productivity, and coaching opportunities are discussed.
- Regularly review quality assurance data (live listening to calls, reviewing call recordings, spot checking completed workflows) to be able to assess performance.
- Complete productivity monitoring.
- Create daily, weekly, and monthly scheduling for the team.
- Monitor the inbound phone queue to assess service levels and make recommendations, if needed, on how adjustments could create a more positive customer experience.
- Work with the Manager of Student Services to proactively identify and resolve blockers, escalations and risk on accounts.
- Identify what is working well, what isn’t working well and what processes need to be modified or added to drive desired outcomes.
- Responsible to review established KPI’s to measure success or identify when a process isn’t working, why it isn’t working and what needs to be changed ensuring identified KPI’s are consistently met.
- Run and analyze regular reporting metrics, ensuring high quality support and customer satisfaction are met.
- Handle escalated issues and work collaborative towards resolution.
- Assist the Manager of Student Services & Retention with creating content for and leading team meetings.
- Provide insights from the customer experience data that can assist with the communication plans designed to support the continuing student experience.
- Coach the team on value-add opportunities that will enhance and delight the customer’s continuing student experience.
- Assist with the recruitment and onboarding of Student Services (full-time and seasonal) team members.
- Protects the privacy of student account information through compliance with federal student privacy law (Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)).
Pearson Virtual Schools is focused on providing a flexible work environment for its employees, including the ability to work from home on a regular basis in most positions. We believe that flexibility in work/life balance is a critical part of our culture and employee satisfaction, and we are proud to provide to our employees the ability to work from anywhere. In exchange, we require that employees have the appropriate means to work remotely, including but not limited to privacy of records, technology standards, equipment standards and expectations.
- Experience supervising teams virtually.
- Experience supervising a large team.
- Understanding of KPIs, metrics, service level management, objectives and key results.
- Problem-solving attitude with an ability to motivate your team to achieve goal driven outcomes.
- Ability to supervise the direct the work of employees, assessing the performance the team to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle escalated issues and work collaborative towards resolution.
- Demonstrated understanding of FERPA guidelines and internal policies regarding student and employee privacy.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 2+ years in a supervisor role, required.
- Customer service experience, required.
- Prior experience managing an inbound phone queue, required.
- Experience working in a large company with seasonal volume, a plus.
- Prior experience working in multiple EMS/SIS/Enrollment platforms, a plus.
Compensation at Pearson is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific location. As required by the
Colorado and New York City laws, the pay range for this position is as follows:
Minimum full-time salary range is between $55,000-60,000
This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program, and information on benefits offered is here here.
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here: http://www.pearson.com/careers/diversity-and-inclusion.html
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Job: CUSTOMER SERVICE
Organization: Virtual Learning
Req ID: 9605