Senior Vice President, Sales
Remote – US
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com
Anthology is seeking an exceptional sales leader who possesses a proven track record of providing operational direction to Anthology's most strategic clients. As SVP, Sales - Americas, you will play an integral role in the success of the group and be the leader of a team of sales professionals whose performance influences that of the overall Americas team. This position reports to the President of Global Markets.
In this role the ideal candidate provide leadership to the sales organization and help develop the overall sales strategy, operational plans and processes that drive revenue growth and accomplish financial objectives. You’ll develop and incubate ideas to accelerate company strategic plans and drive revenue through creative and relentless deal execution and tracking. You’ll build strategic relationships with the world’s most prominent technology and education leaders, identify opportunities for radical growth and large deals, and mature operational functions. Additionally, you will work cross-functionally with key members of Anthology’s Strategy, Product Management, Product Development, and Field teams (sales and marketing), cultivating those internal relationships to contribute to identifying new solutions while also optimizing our current partnerships and book of business.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Managing the regional VP’s that manage the sales team who are selling into the US, Canada and South American higher education markets to drive new-logo, expansion and win-back business for CRM, SIS, LMS and other Academic Software solutions and associated professional services. This also includes current client renewals and customer retention/expansion
- Achieving sales quota, revenue targets, renewal targets and other targets for performance by managing the sales team
- Creating sales forecasts, maintaining the internal CRM and analyzing performance
- Designing and implementing scalable sales strategy that is measured through pipeline reviews, accounts reviews, and QBR’s
- Managing top strategic clients and prospects including managing varying stakeholders and a significant book of business while attaining sales goals
- Serving as a mentor to front line sales executives in solutions selling, executive relationship development and client service
- Developing sales objectives, managing the development of plans, and consistently and accurately forecasting quarterly and annual revenue streams but following the sales process and methodology
- Establishing performance quality measures to help assess team and individual performance levels
- Reviewing regular results assessments of sales staff productivity and reports to executives
- Overseeing activities of direct sales reports to ensure professional and effective services to customers
- Pipeline and Opportunity management and forecasting the business on a weekly basis
- Serving as escalation point for any client or team issues
- Representing Anthology at national conferences, client meetings and other public forums in an executive capacity
- This role requires up to 75% travel
- 15 or more years of professional sales experience with preference in higher education technology
- At least 10 years of professional sales, management experience with preference in Higher Education
- High degree of personal integrity and ability to collaborate with others in a team-based environment with the ability to advance innovative ideas through sound business case and partnership development
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or Technology related area
- Experience owning and managing a regional budget
- Excellent management, coaching, and mentoring skills with the ability to effectively direct the organization’s sales and field operations to maximize revenues and profits while focusing on client health
- Experience monitoring and evaluating sales rep progress against stated expectations
- Experience managing key client (or potential client) relationships and closing strategic opportunities
- Strong listening and communication skills and style appropriate for the higher education industry
- Ability to ramp up quickly and gain knowledge of company’s products/services and pricing practices
- Excellent time management, communication, decision-making, human relations, presentation, and organizational skills
- Proven ability to establish strategic alliances with key decision makers and effectively navigate the organization, combined with the ability to model and instruct direct reports to do the same
- Ability to prioritize and delegate in a resource constrained environment and re-prioritize resources rapidly
- Meaningful network among the technology and enterprise software community and / or the ability to quickly establish credibility and rapport with a large and diverse client and partner base
- Proficiency in sales and solution forecasting using a CRM tool with a consistent track record of accuracy
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Sales leadership experience in the education sector
- Experience selling in a global environment
- Knowledge of CRM
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
This position is not available for candidates residing in the following locations: CO, CA, WA, NYC