About the Team
The Content Management, Publications and Production (CMPP) team sits within the Assessment Delivery Operations (ADO) division and is responsible for the delivery of operational content and publications in support of the College Readiness Assessment (CRA) suite of assessments. This role will sit within the Content Operation team on the CMPP team (15 members). The Content Operations team (4 members) focuses on the technical infrastructure of the Component Content Management System (CCMS). Our team is responsible for maintaining and expanding the capabilities of the CCMS including backend system management, software deployments, tool stack management, portfolio management, license management, implementing system enhancements, and capturing/measuring content effectiveness.
About the Opportunity
As our Technical Content Developer, you will apply your technical expertise to enhance our CCMS to clear a path for the next generation of operational content delivery. You will closely collaborate with the CCMS Lead Engineer to understand and implement the roadmap within our CCMS. This is an exciting time for the team as we are currently transforming our systems and processes to “scale up” from a print-focused publishing model to supporting multi-platform publishing. As that work continues, opportunities for growth and learning will be available to you.
In this role, you will support:
CCMS Code Development (80%)
- Design, code, test, debug, and document new and existing functional components to ensure that software meets business, quality, and operational needs.
- Proactively and continuously evaluate and address issues related to performance, stability, scalability, and extensibility of the publishing process.
- Take the lead on analyzing and troubleshooting issues reported by content authors.
- Collaborate with Content Operations team on priorities, backlog, and approach to achieve goals.
- Collaborate with vendor partners and product teams on technical issues and provide guidance.
- Own, in partnership with others, designing and implementing automated testing.
- Drive in partnership with others, designing, implementing, metric capturing and reporting infrastructure.
- Work with internal engineers, tracking and testing enhancements and fixes through the development process, driving closure, and communicating resolution to internal stakeholders.
- Contribute to technical roadmap, balancing time, resource, and quality constraints to achieve business and strategic goals and requirements.
- Ensure code is stored in a comprehensive and robust repository in which code is tagged and searchable.
- Update internal and external job tickets (e.g., Jira)
General Content Operations Collaboration (20%)
- Contribute to requirement gathering sessions.
- Conduct meetings/sessions with end users to better understand user needs.
- Contribute to weekly status reports.
- Support end user software installations and configurations.
- 5+ years relevant experience as a CCMS administrator, developer, or similar role, ideally within the EdTech space
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or a related field, or comparable work experience
- 5+ years’ experience with DITA-OT plugin development
- Experience with the DITA Open Toolkit (DITA-OT), developing / deploying / maintaining DITA-OT plug-ins.
- Strong experience integrating the DITA-OT stylesheet plugins into application environments.
- An understanding of conditional profiles, DITA reuse concepts and keys, and underlying schemas/DTDs.
- Experience developing / deploying / maintaining / enhancing XSLT stylesheets
- Strong knowledge of HTML/XHTML and CSSS
- A deep understanding of XML and related information architecture is required.
- The ability to configure CCMS tech stack to work with editorial, workflow and output delivery needs, tests, and experiments to set it up.
- The ability to support all aspects of our tech stack, which includes: Antenna House render engine, Oxygen Web Help plugin as well as DITA OT plugins, XDocs CCMS, Oxygen Author/Editor for xml, Saxon integrated into the plugins, and InDesign as one of the delivery channels.
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- A proven ability to apply systems thinking to complex scenarios.
- Ability to travel to in-office events 4-6 times a year.
- You are authorized to work in the US
About Our Benefits and Compensation
College Board offers a strong compensation and benefits package that attracts top talent looking to make a difference in education.
- Our robust benefits package includes health, dental, and vision insurance, tuition assistance, paid time off, paid parental leave, retirement benefits with a generous matching program, and more.
- We reward performance through annual bonuses and provide opportunities for salary growth over time through base compensation increases, merit raises and promotions.
- We believe in compensating staff members fairly in relation to each other, their qualifications, and their impact. The salary range for a new employee in this position is $80,000 to $130,000 The salary offer of an individual candidate within this range is specific to their location and qualifications.
- Each salary offer is determined carefully using internal and external benchmarking and adjusting for the candidate’s location. You will have an opportunity to discuss salary in more detail after you begin the application process.
As a self-sustaining non-profit organization with global impact, College Board offers a job that matters, a team that cares, and a place to learn, innovate and thrive!
About Our Culture
At the College Board our community matters, and we strive to practice and improve our culture daily.
- We are motivated to positively impact the educational and career trajectories of millions of students a year.
- We value learning and growth; we offer formal and informal ways to lead through your superpowers, sharpen your strengths, and meet your development goals.
Within the Content Management, Publications and Production team we embrace the College Board mission and commitment to our customers and staff, and we value and practice:
- Respect for the individual, both in their work-life and home-life
- Excellence in our work
- Healthy work-life balance
About the Process
- Interview Process Includes: Resume, Cover letter and Application; Recruiter Phone Screen; Hiring Manager Interview; Performance Exercise (such as drafting a short presentation or producing a writing sample); Panel Interview; Reference Checks.