At Instructure, we build Canvas and other education tools to help educators and students learn together wherever, whenever, and however is best.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys managing multiple, dynamic, and fast-paced projects that deliver customized solutions to meet our customers’ specific needs.
What you will do:
- We bring to life our clients’ vision for enhancing learning by building custom applications/solutions that go beyond our core software offerings. How do we do it?
- Manage projects to deliver multiple concurrent custom software solutions in scope, on time, and on budget.
- Build stellar relationships and create positive and predictable customer experiences by continually understanding customers’ needs, setting clear expectations, and maintaining project scope integrity.
- Work with external and internal stakeholders to refine technical and functional requirements, control scope, manage risk/accountability, communicate status, and facilitate user acceptance testing.
- Interact with a variety of internal teams including our team of UI/UX designers, software engineers, and quality assurance analysts; sales reps; customer success managers; and our support team.
- Own and maintain reporting of projects’ data in various systems (SalesForce, JIRA, Asana, etc…)
- Be (or quickly become) well-versed in Instructure’s products.
What you will need to have:
- Solid foundation in project management as the lead project manager using both waterfall and agile project management methodologies (5+ years experience preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of agile project management, with PMP and/or Scrum certification preferred
- Experience with SDLC documentation and processes.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to translate and communicate technical concepts, plans, and processes to both technical and non-technical users.
- Monster work ethic, mad organizational skills, and obsessive attention to detail.
- Constructively gives and takes direction and is generally cool to work with.
- A Bachelor’s degree in any field (or 5+ years of relevant experience).
- Understanding how SaaS and APIs work.
- Experience in the LMS industry, educational technology, and/or a fast-paced technical environment.
$75,000 - $105,000 a year
Final pay is determined based on experience related to the position.
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.