At 2U, we are all in on purpose. We are motivated by our mission – to eliminate the back row in education – and connected by our shared passion to deliver world-class digital education at scale. As the parent company of edX, the world’s leading online learning platform, 2U powers more than 4,000 online higher education offerings – from free courses to full degrees. Together with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporate partners, we are helping to unlock human potential.
What We’re Looking For:
The VP User Experience is responsible for delivering great customer experiences at 2U. This role is responsible for the learner, educator, and enterprise customer experiences, across degree, boot camp, executive education, and open course products. This role spans multiple web properties, and is focused on creating a cohesive edX customer experience. The primary focus of this role is on the learner experience on edx.org, an educational marketplace with 45M learners and 4000 courses. The ideal candidate has experience in creating best-in-class customer experiences for a global audience, and is able to identify opportunities create value for the customer and the business in parallel. This role will lead a team of product designers with user experience, user interface, and user research skillsets. This leader will also further customer centricity across all of 2U. S/he is an experienced senior design leader who delights in delighting our customers.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Own the vision for a great customer experience, and chart a path towards delivering it. Align internal and external stakeholders on opportunities, priorities, and execution.
- Lead and manage a team of product designers (UX/UI) and user researchers.
- Collaborate closely with product management, engineering, marketing, and data leadership. Understand business needs, align with user experience opportunities, and work to realize value for the customer and the business alike.
- Own the voice of the customer at 2U and identify ways to amplify customer centricity.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 10+ years of experience in user experience with focus on consumer in particular.
- Track record of building best-in-class user experiences, while also delivering measurable business results.
- Experience managing, developing, and motivating a team, and creating or promoting a customer-centric culture.
- Strong experience influencing stakeholders across a global organization.
- Strong customer obsession: you enjoy obsessing over getting the customer experience right.
- You earn trust with your direct team and stakeholders: you listen, you are inclusive, you treat others with respect, and you are willing to be vocally self-critical.
- Hire and develop the best: you value coaching your team and developing leaders. You have a demonstrated track record of hiring strong talent and moving them through the organization.
- Passionate self-starter, decisive and able to move with speed to implement ideas.
- Data driven - you lean on data to make decisions and when you don’t have data, you search for customer anecdotes to gain insights.
- Prior experience in education technology is a plus but not required.
Benefits & Culture
Our global employee base is a diverse collection of innovators, dreamers, and doers working together to transform lives through higher education. We believe that every employee can advance our shared purpose, and that life at 2U should be fun and meaningful. If you’re excited by the opportunity to provide over 40 million learners and counting with access to world-class online higher education, then join us – and do work that makes a difference. #NoBackRow
We offer comprehensive benefits (unique per country) and excellent work/life balance.
Full-time, U.S.benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability, and 401(k) employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Free snacks and drinks in-office
- Generous paid holidays and leave policies, including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break
The anticipated base salary range for this role is $200,000 to $220,000, with potential bonus and equity eligibility. Salary offers are made based on the candidate’s qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, budget for the position and cost of labor in the market in which the candidate will be hired.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to building and sustaining a culture of belonging, respect, and inclusion. We are proud of the steps we’ve taken to bring together an employee base that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by what makes us different, as well as by how we are alike.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
For more than a decade, 2U, Inc. has been the digital transformation partner of choice to great non-profit colleges and universities delivering high-quality online education at scale. As the parent company of edX, a leading global online learning platform, 2U provides over 45 million learners with access to world-class education in partnership with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporations. Our people and technology are powering more than 4,000 digital education offerings — from free courses to full degrees — and helping unlock human potential. To learn more: visit 2U.com.
edX is the education movement for restless learners and a leading global online learning platform from 2U, Inc. (Nasdaq: TWOU). Together with the majority of the world’s top-ranked universities and industry-leading companies, we bring our community of over 45 million learners world-class education to support them at every stage of their lives and careers, from free courses to full degrees. And we're not stopping there — we're relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location. Learn more at edX.org.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.