Over 20 years ago, Stride was founded to provide personalized learning — powered by technology. We reached students where they were in their own journeys. We knocked down their barriers to great education. And we gave every learner equal opportunity to succeed — however they defined success. Stride innovated the learning experience with online and blended learning that prepared them for their lives ahead.
Stride is a community of passionate leaders. Whether teachers, engineers, curriculum writers, or financial managers — whatever your expertise or role, we all work to empower futures through learning. And changing the trajectory of learning itself is one of our greatest missions. Join us in developing more effective ways to learn and helping learners build the skills and confidence they need to make their way forward in life.
The Placement Coordinator (PC) is responsible for contacting K – 12th students and their families to initiate and complete course placement for the school year. The PC will be required to request any documents needed to complete this process and follow up as needed. PCs will conduct placement conferences with students and legal guardians to ensure accuracy and timeliness in the placement of students’ courses. Duties may include IEP transcription and/or Special Education conferences in addition to course placement and other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Assist families with understanding the documents needed to complete placement and provide guidance on how to obtain these documents
- Become familiar with specific state and school graduation requirements for all schools assigned and organize and assimilate updates as they occur
- Complete a transcript and/or report card review and select appropriate courses based upon this review in accordance with state and school graduation requirements as needed
- Appropriately document phone conversations and email communications with students and families within Stride tools and databases
- Prioritize current enrollment caseloads and complete placements within a given time frame
- Analyze information, identify potential problem areas, and contact the appropriate person to assist with resolving issues
- Implement proper school procedures and maintain accuracy while working across multiple schools simultaneously
- Assist other schools and team members as needed
- Participate in team meetings and other required trainings
- Other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field of study AND
- Six (6) months of customer service experience OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates and Licenses: None required.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Available to work an average of 20-30 hours per week (need will vary based on volume of work available)
- Available to work weekends and evenings as needed
- Prioritize tasks and complete them within a given time frame
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Work independently with minimal guidance
- Office 365 and web proficiency.
- Ability to clear required background check
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a home-based position. This position is open to residents of, and may be performed remotely from Washington, D.C., and from any state.
Compensation & Benefits:
Stride, Inc. considers a person’s eucation, experience, and qualifications, as well as the position’s work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value when determining a new employee’s salary level. Salaries will differ based on these factors, the position’s level and expected contribution, and the employee’s benefits elections. Offers will typically be in the bottom half of the range.
- We anticipate this position will pay between $13.65 to $29.75 per hour. This is a temporary/contractor role and you will be an employee of Randstad. This salary is not guaranteed, as an individual’s compensation can vary based on several factors. These factors include, but are not limited to, geographic location, experience, training, education, and local market conditions. Randstad offers a robust benefits package for eligible employees that can include health benefits, retirement contributions, and paid time off.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
Stride, Inc. is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)