At Pearson, we’re committed to building next-level, on-demand video content to explain some of the toughest concepts students will ever have to understand. We’re looking for a passionate Biology Content Development Assistant (CDA) with a tenacity towards surprising our students with an awesome learning experience to join our academic team. We believe learning science and math courses shouldn’t be as hard as it’s made out to be, and we’re on a mission to provide students with the best learning experience out there. As a Bio CDA, you’ll be working directly towards developing highly engaging and relevant content for Pearson+ Channels, a new platform with the potential to help millions of students around the world
Summary: Work as “co-pilot” to our Course Instructors to build excellent content
- Research Learning Objectives & problem types across textbooks to help build our curriculum, plan how we should group and sequence them into videos and topics
- Research + Brainstorm the best explanations to teach tough academic concepts
- Write problems to be used as examples & practice in our lessons
- Assist + Manage others in building solutions & problem sets, answering questions, publishing
- Assist in reviewing videos against our Academic Checklist & Principles
Compensation & Benefits:
- Starting salary at $50,000/year + Full Benefits
- Work with a passionate & talented team, on the most helpful academic content in the world
- Work from anywhere, in an environment of high: autonomy, trust, expectations, and support
- Develop/Improve skills in building content, managing projects & people, and much more
- Has earned (or will by May 2022) a B.A./B.S. in Psychology, or other similar degree
- Excelled at problem-solving classes generally, and Physics 1+2 and Calculus 1+2 specifically.
- Has experience helping others in problem-solving classes (private tutor, Teacher/Lab Assistant, Peer-Led Team Leader or similar, helping friends for free, etc)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, especially in a teamwork environment
The Ideal Candidate:
- Is passionate about science, learning, and helping others learn
- Has significant experience with tutoring and/or building lessons/academic content
- Is a self-driven, organized, meticulous, analytical, efficient, and dependable team player
Compensation at Pearson is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific location. As required by the Colorado and New York City laws, the pay range for this position is as follows:
Minimum full-time starting salary is $50,000.
This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program, and information on benefits offered is here here.
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here: http://www.pearson.com/careers/diversity-and-inclusion.html
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Job: PRODUCT MANAGEMENT
Organization: Higher Education
Req ID: 8985