University Development and Alumni Relations (UDAR) is dedicated to soliciting the private funding necessary to support the strategic goals of the University in teaching, learning, and research. The personnel of UDAR work university-wide as well as within individual schools and colleges of the University to discover, motivate, cultivate, solicit, and steward alumni, parents, faculty, and friends for immediate, long-range, and future financial support, through gifts and pledges to the University, for critical operations such as student aid, faculty support, academic and research program development, and facilities and infrastructure. UDAR's endeavors raise funds for immediate University use and also for the University's endowment.
The Associate Director, Digital Marketing manages university-wide digital fundraising strategies. Grow online fundraising and develop the strategy, coordination, and implementation of large-scale Annual Giving digital initiatives, including project management of One Day, Giving Tuesday, and overseeing the crowdfunding/Rising Violets strategy. Manage relationships with the schools and units, manage platforms for giving, track analytics, and work collaboratively with alumni relations/school-based communications professionals to grow One Day and crowdfunding. Play a key role in the shift to use digital component in annual giving in order to align with the industry trend that identifies digital as the future.
UDAR encourages work-life integration for our employees, therefore this position is eligible for a hybrid work arrangement.
5+ years of relevant marketing experience, including digital marketing or a combination of experience and education
- 7+ years experience in an academic, non-profit and/or development environment
- Demonstrated understanding of annual fund strategies
- Relevant experience with fundraising
- Familiarity with fundraising databases such as Advance and Blackbaud is a plus
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; and the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously, with careful attention to detail
- Strong analytical and marketing skills, as well as an ability to interpret complex data to inform strategy and decision-making
- Evidence of strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills, with a superior sense of customer service, team-oriented collaboration and consistent professionalism
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment (independently and collaboratively)
- Self-motivation and flexibility required in successful candidate
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Must be able to work with a varied constituency and handle time pressures during peak periods while managing multiple projects
- Experience in HTML, Microsoft Office, Google Analytics, design software, and Marketo or other marketing automation platforms is strongly preferred
- Proven record of increasing revenue through digital channels
- Demonstrated ability to train others in technical aspects of digital tools and platforms
In compliance with NYC's Pay Transparency Act, the annual base salary range for this position is USD $90,000.00 to USD $110,000.00. New York University considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as, market and organizational considerations when extending an offer. This pay range represents base pay only and excludes any additional items such as incentives, bonuses, clinical compensation, or other items.
NYU aims to be among the greenest urban campuses in the country and carbon neutral by 2040. Learn more at nyu.edu/nyugreen.
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Need help finding the right job?