UWorld is seeking an attorney to develop content full time for our web-based bar review course and other legal education products. Attorneys will work on-site in Dallas, Texas to collaborate with some of the brightest minds in legal education and become a part of UWorld's ongoing success story. This position requires an unyielding commitment to excellence as a legal educator to develop innovative content that will help tomorrow's attorneys succeed at the highest levels.
- Innovative educator: You are a smart lawyer with a knack for breaking down legal concepts for clients, juries, or other laypersons. Legal research and analysis is your forte, so you know how to connect all the analytical dots. This position will allow you to create high-quality exam questions and comprehensive explanations, outlines, lectures, and other materials that teach students how to think like a lawyer. You will also work with UWorld's illustration team to create original images that highlight important legal concepts.
- Writing whiz: You understand that clear and precise writing is necessary to achieve accurate, readable, and educational content. Your obsession over comma placement and aversion to passive voice shows that you are detail-oriented and can easily adopt UWorld's writing style.
- Self-starter: You are a disciplined and motivated professional who is eager to learn and knows how to take initiative. Your strong work ethic allows you to set and achieve high goals with minimal oversight. As a result, you can be counted on to get things done in a fast-paced and fun work environment.
- Upbeat collaborator: You are a positive person who appreciates a challenge and understands that collaboration is crucial to success. You can give constructive feedback that encourages others and helps them improve. But you can also receive feedback with tact and use it to grow. You can successfully work with lawyers, illustrators, and IT professionals to develop exceptional legal education materials.
- J.D. from a first-rate law school
- Passed bar exam in at least one jurisdiction
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Superior writing skills with a strong grasp of grammar
- Proven ability to write high-quality legal content based on a sample assignment
- Proficiency in MS Office/working knowledge of IT
- Willingness to work onsite in Dallas, Texas
- Top 25% of graduating class
- Experience in legal education
- Journal, law review, or other relevant legal writing experience
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive compensation (contingent on experience)
- Paid time off (based on sliding scale according to hire date and work hours)
- Generous paid holiday schedule
- Comprehensive benefits package (medical, vision, dental, life, disability)
- 401(k) plan for retirement with 4% employer matching (eligibility after 90 days of employment)
- On-site group fitness classes & relaxed work environment
- Health work-life balance
- An opportunity to join a team of loveable nerds
At UWorld, we believe strength is derived from the talents, ideas, and experiences of a diverse workforce. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other protected class. UWorld is proud to be an equal opportunity employer providing a drug-free workplace. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.