IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by 14 million students worldwide, is seeking a Curriculum Alignment Specialist to join our curriculum development team. In this role, you'll work closely with contract aligners and our curriculum design team to implement our alignment strategy. You'll oversee the creation of skill plans that pair IXL skills with U.S. state standards, textbooks, assessments, and other curriculum documents.
This is a full time position with a hybrid work schedule for candidates close to our Raleigh-Durham, NC office.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Make strategic decisions about project priorities and alignment details
- Help manage a team of contract aligners who create and maintain alignment documents for our K-12 math, ELA, science, social studies, and Spanish content
- Review new skill plans for quality and style; incorporate feedback from other team members to ensure high quality alignments
- Learn to use in-house tools to create and release alignments, including formatting alignment spreadsheets to meet our technical requirements
- Work with our production and engineering teams to troubleshoot bugs and fix errors in data formatting
- Collaborate with our sales team to understand educator needs and sales objectives in each U.S. state and our international sales territories
- Drive special alignment projects, including defining scope, developing and executing plans, and collaborating with teams such as sales, engineering, curriculum design, and QA
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's or advanced degree
- 1+ years of experience aligning content to state standards; experience with math standards is preferred
- Experience working with standards in multiple states
- Comfortable with math content through calculus; experience with ELA or Social Studies is a plus
- Strong project management skills; able to lead multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Intermediate proficiency with Excel or Google Sheets; experience with formulas such as vlookup or concatenate is a plus
- Experience with web technologies, programming, and databases is a plus
At IXL, we value diversity in age, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, political and religious beliefs, and life experience, and we are proud to promote a work environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work. IXL Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ABOUT IXL LEARNING
IXL Learning is a leading educational technology company on a big mission: creating innovative learning experiences that help all learners reach their full potential. IXL's comprehensive curriculum and insightful analytics help more than 900,000 teachers deliver personalized instruction, and empower over 14 million students to achieve new learning milestones every day.