An ExploreLearning DevOps Engineer has a pivotal role in the construction and delivery of our award winning educational products. Our products include a series of highly engaging games that create an exceptional learning experience. In this position, you will collaborate with and help guide our team of system, database, and operations engineers to develop our next generation of back-end services. For this position, you should have significant, demonstrable experience supporting a range of automation tools supporting configuration management, continuous integration, and deployments.
- Production deployment of all apps
- 24 x 7 production support
- Production monitoring
- Define and set up metrics and alerts for all systems
- Look for and troubleshoot anomalies in logs (K8, application, AWS and others), determining their root cause and work to resolve them
- Maintaining and upgrading Kubernetes, Github, Subversion, Nexus and AWS CodeBuild and all the software that is used to operate production or automate development
- Create new automations or switch to newer and better systems
- Manage access to the different systems
- Support information security policies and best practices
- Work with IT on capacity planning, replacing servers, patching, and upgrading Linux and Windows
- Maintain and re-configure our AWS (EKS, VPC, DNS, EC2, CloudFront, Cloudformation, etc.) environment as changes are required
- Add new features like support for HTTP/2 or deal with security header or same site cookie issues
- Stay informed of technical advances and proposes changes based on newer technology
- 5-8 years DevOps experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Technical Discipline (or related experience)
- Experience with CI/CD tools like AWS CodeBuild, Git, and Nexus plus monitoring tools (AWS, Docker, and Kubernetes is preferred).
- Experience configuring and managing a variety of build and deployment environments
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Keen ability to be forward-thinking and seek operational efficiencies for the future
- Desire to research new technologies and methodologies to achieve new efficiencies
- Significant experience building automated testing for QA and UAT environment
- Greater than 10 years DevOps experience
- Demonstrable experience reviewing/selecting new technologies
- Good understanding of networking, Linux and Windows scripting, development tools and build processes
- Prior software development experience
- Apache or Confluent Kafka experience
Why Work With Us?
In addition to competitive salaries and generous benefits, ExploreLearning offers an exciting and dynamic working environment in which creativity, teamwork and professional growth are valued and rewarded. Our award-winning online programs bring engaging and effective instructional strategies to K-12 classrooms around the world. Over the course of the last 20+ years, we’ve received numerous awards from some of the worlds most respected education organizations, and were recently named one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia.
Our office is based in historic downtown Charlottesville, Virginia, located approximately 100 miles southwest of Washington, D.C., and consistently rated one of America’s best places to live. The area offers a wide variety of business, cultural, historical, educational and sport-related attractions.
To learn more about our organization and the exciting work we do, visit us online.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
We are dedicated to fostering a culture that celebrates unique backgrounds, ideas, and experiences. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.