What We’re Looking For:
We’re seeking a Director, Engineering to join the leadership team that manages all technologies that provide services to our students. This is a team of approximately 120 engineers focused on work that will grow and enable our software and software products to work with multiple learning models across our entire portfolio of offerings. We need a technical leader that can define an engineering vision and help navigate their teams toward this destination.
This role and team will be hugely impactful on the business, unlocking many more opportunities for our learners and partners.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- You’ll be responsible for maintaining and evolving the architecture and technology that supports our broader Career Services vision
- Delivering software capabilities within Websites, CRM, Learning Systems and other proprietary technologies
- Continuously improving the operations of the team
- Contributing to advancing the culture of the Services engineering team
- Lead the team and pressure test if thinking is sound
- Lead engineering vision for Career Services and bring it to life
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 6-8+ years of experience
- Engineering background
- Will be management (no coding expected day to day).
- Experience leading a software engineering team
- Experience coaching, training and mentoring people managers and individual contributors
- Experience working in environments that focus on Value Mindsets and strive for Product-Engineering partnerships
- Seasoned integration architect with experience integrating enterprise-level applications
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Excellent communication skills
- A bias for action
- Focused on people and process first and foremost
- A strong belief in key engineering principles
- Need to know what you believe in when making a tough decision
- Need to articulate principles behind decision making
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break
The anticipated base salary range for this role is ($145,000 - $175,000), with potential bonus and equity eligibility. Salary offers are made based on the candidate’s qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, budget for the position and cost of labor in the market in which the candidate will be hired.
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.